• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bob Saget

Depending on the nature of the tox screen technology-wise, it can be pretty limited. They often times only consist of a few common illicit classes of drugs and a handful of non-illicit classes. The extended tox panels usually take a little longer and catch more of the novel psychoactive and prescription drugs. So basically, only time will tell. It very well could be natural causes.
Much appreciated. I trust your post over the tweet I read tenfold. He was quite the popular topic today.

Initial autopsy tox screen came back negative. It'll be 8-10 weeks for the formal report to come back, but drugs nor foul play were suspected.

Yeah I went down a rabbit hole today.

I'm still thinking suicide or maybe heart attack.

Agree. When I said drug related I should have been more clear. Maybe accidental OD.

I mean, the guy was 65. As much as we may not want to think about it, people that age die from natural causes all the time. Very easily could have been a heart attack.

RIP.

Random side note, but he didn't seem to age at all. He just looks like a different person to me the last ~10 years vs. an older version of himself.

Saget apparently bumped the back of his head on something and went to bed thinking nothing of it. No drugs or alcohol involved.

Saget apparently bumped the back of his head on something and went to bed thinking nothing of it. No drugs or alcohol involved.

Gotta be more to this. How did they know he bumped it "and thought nothing of it"? Did he call someone? Is that why there was a wellness room check? I had always heard if you get a concussion not to sleep but I thought that was just and old wives tale.

I hate hotel rooms because I am always smashing a toe, crushing a finger in the shower door, or hitting my head or elbow on the towel hanger thing or some other metal --- dangerous obstacles in hotel rooms in my opinion.

Probably smacked his head, took 2 Aspirin and went to bed.

Gotta be more to this. How did they know he bumped it "and thought nothing of it"? Did he call someone? Is that why there was a wellness room check? I had always heard if you get a concussion not to sleep but I thought that was just and old wives tale.

They did an autopsy and found a brain bleed.

My wife said to me last night, "Hey... Did you hear Bob Saget didn't really die of a heart attack in that hotel room?"

And all I could think about was poor David Carradine and how I hoped Saget didn't go out like that.

I'm glad he didn't.

So Saget had a Natasha Richardson incident?

I've searched and cannot find a video of a baseball game (Reds, I think) where the announcers are talking about their greatest fears and the color guy says his biggest fear is dying alone in a hotel room. Anyone else remember this or can find it?

That's the beauty of it though. You're dead. WGAF !?

How did his family know to do a wellness check so soon? Don’t people sometimes go a morning/afternoon resting or not answering their phone? Maybe that just wasn’t their routine.

Back