• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 17: WF plays the most under-performing program - Duke Wed. 7 pm ACCN

No they don’t. And what a dog whistle comment. Lol

Might want to take another look at the receipts on this one. I think it’s limited to like one per semester, but they definitely use that partnership.

Pretty sure any Duke student can take one course a semester from another university.

They certainly can take 1 course. I did as the grade was easier and the ladies were better.

22 — You’re bringing up Trump is classic. I have been to all inaugurals. Obamas were the best. While that has nothing to do with Duke, it is a little comparable. Duke has so many Wake folks on complete tilt after dominating us in March for so long. 22 is just not reasonable on Duke.

Duke football is trying to copy us. As they should. It’s ok to look at your competition and do that.

Go Deacs!

One thing that DR has made me realize between his attending a million different college basketball games and every inauguration since James K. Polk is that if I hadn't had kids I would've probably had a whole lot more free time.

Can’t make it tonight but broke out my Wake the Nation shirt to wear today. Feels good!

One thing that DR has made me realize between his attending a million different college basketball games and every inauguration since James K. Polk is that if I hadn't had kids I would've probably had a whole lot more free time.

54-40 or fight!

When WF is on offense
Duke is the best in the nation at not giving up FT attempts (lol)
Duke blocks a lot of shots and forces a good amount of turnovers
Duke gives up the vast majority of their points from 2PT range. LaRavia needs to eat tonight.
Teams are shooting 31% from 3 against Duke, 2 points lower than our team average

When WF is on defense
Duke is 55.6% from 2PT, real good
Good from 3PT at 36% but don't take many attempts
74.7% from the FT line, though they don't get to the line at a heavy rate (surprisingly)
Mark Williams is a beast on the offensive boards

Duke has fewer bench minutes than WF does (!). Don't know if that is Covid related or not.

Wake will need a lot of dunks tonight. High percentage 2's that are hard to block and will go in through contact.

The important thing for Duke defense is to commit fouls that disrupt the opponent's offense but are not called. Hence their high rate of causing turnovers.

Duke lives on the discrepancy between fouls committed but not called.

When WF is on offense
Duke gives up the vast majority of their points from 2PT range. LaRavia needs to eat tonight.
Teams are shooting 31% from 3 against Duke, 2 points lower than our team average

When WF is on defense
74.7% from the FT line, though they don't get to the line at a heavy rate (surprisingly)

Duke has fewer bench minutes than WF does (!). Don't know if that is Covid related or not.

Wake is shooting 62.6% from 2 in ACC play, which is historically great

When WF is on offense

When WF is on defense

They are not deep. Rotation will be 8-deep at most because Bates Jones (Davidson transfer) is pretty bad, and Jaylen Blakes (freshman) is worse. AJ Griffin is likely a lottery pick who comes off the bench; Theo John and Joey Baker have become role players and neither played in the second half against Miami.

Is Williamson confirmed available for tonight?

Yes, confirmed by Forbes on Monday.

One of Mucius' biggest defensive test yet will be if he can keep out of foul trouble while presumably staying in Moore's jersey and keeping him off the boards. We can't really afford to risk having Manman D him up, and I'm not sure who else on the roster is even capable.

Not really sure what we do with Banchero if we do decide to put Mucius on Moore. My biggest concern is that they either carve up our D inside, or get our bigs into foul trouble early. It'd be nice if we could flip that script. Some solid interior passing should be on display for both teams tonight.

Last edited:
Duke has only played one away game at Ohio State this year. Therefore, much of the stat lines are at home or a neutral sites. I would think their stats at Wake tonight might not play out like their season thus far since we will have the home court advantage. Unless of course Duke is Duke and they always get the advantage.

I have an announcement. I'll be watching from tip-off. That is a big deal, I know!

Let's beat those fucking fuckers!!! GO DEACS

which parking pass is tonight? this BC on again off again on again has me wondering which ones to keep in my car. and which will BS be?

FYI, parking at the main Joel entrance on University (Pass parking only my ass) has 2 big signs up above the lanes saying $10 but ground level sandwich board signs showed $20 for Cuse. bring your Benjamins!

Back