• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 17: WF plays the most under-performing program - Duke Wed. 7 pm ACCN

Was hoping that maybe one of the tall O-line guys would take a few days off from football and help out the basketball team in game prep. And maybe do so well he earned a start for his efforts...

We should pull a K, start Marsh, and have him earn his 5 fouls.

For those that haven’t followed WF bball closely in recent years, this is actually the 3rd time in the last 6 seasons that K won’t make the trip to the Joel with his team.

For those that haven’t followed WF bball closely in recent years, this is actually the 3rd time in the last 6 seasons that K won’t make the trip to the Joel with his team.

WTF

Is there a recent history like this on Duke's other ACC schedule? Skipping out on trips to Blacksburg too, for example?

WTF

Is there a recent history like this on Duke's other ACC schedule? Skipping out on trips to Blacksburg too, for example?

Not actually sure. I still watched every WF game during the lost decade but it turned me off from broader college bball.

Had no clue. Wild and interesting stat.

Let’s get the W. I think our team is good, but we have basically nothing on our tournament resume at this point besides our overall record against a weak schedule. Our best win is….? This would give us a huge anchor win to hang our hats on and de-stress our remaining games a little bit.

Let’s get the W. I think our team is good, but we have basically nothing on our tournament resume at this point besides our overall record against a weak schedule. Our best win is….? This would give us a huge anchor win to hang our hats on and de-stress our remaining games a little bit.

The computers still like VT and NW so those are our best wins. FSU may also end up being a good win.

Best wins are @VT and FSU.

VT has ruined our win on the road over them by losing every ACC game so far.

VT has ruined our win on the road over them by losing every ACC game so far.

Sadly the point still stands. VT is #37 in NET. FSU is #70. Cuse is #100. Northwestern is #68.

Yeah, it was more or less a rhetorical question, but every post following has made that point even more poignant. I don’t think we can count on any of NW, FSU, VT, or Cuse being a tournament team. Maybe they’re wins over fellow bubble teams, which are good and fine. Maybe one of them gets a lot better as the season progresses. But nothing that every other team on the bubble won’t have multiple of as well.

If we win out then I guarantee we are in so let’s just do that.

Back