• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT - see post #1 in this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
got quite a weekend on tap. get to drive to Lynchburg today because my son is getting a snip snip down below on Monday. going to Lynchburg since it's being done by a family friend of the in-laws. has a consultation tomorrow. but at least in laws will keep him through next weekend and we'll pick him up in Blowing Rock, so get a few days to ourselves assuming no complications.

I missed Burns night but it’s because I was on an over night flight from Hawaii to the east coast.

Saw your pics on IG, looked awesome. I'm super jealous since I'm in serious need of some time off from work. It's been a crushing past couple of months. At least I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

Saw your pics on IG, looked awesome. I'm super jealous since I'm in serious need of some time off from work. It's been a crushing past couple of months. At least I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

It was great! Even saw some birds. My wife posted a bunch of photos on FaceBook too.

Morning TSY! Happy Lil' Friday everyone
We're flying out tomorrow night for a brief weekend cruise to the Bahamas. Looking forward to a childless vacation, even if it is brief.

I miss your farm updates

Nothing too exciting at the moment, trying to sell some pigs to reduce the herd, prepping for poultry season in the spring, and trying to keep the bees alive. This warm and freezing alternating weather has been a challenge. I think I may have lost one of the hives this winter, but I wont be able to tell for sure until it warms up a little bit.

We're flying out tomorrow night for a brief weekend cruise to the Bahamas. Looking forward to a childless vacation, even if it is brief.

Oooh some warm weather would be so nice right now.

My wife is gonna take our kid down to FLA to visit the grandparents in 2 weekends and I'm looking forward to a kid-free dude weekend in Asheville w/cookout. Especially after a loooong dry January.

Nothing too exciting at the moment, trying to sell some pigs to reduce the herd, prepping for poultry season in the spring, and trying to keep the bees alive. This warm and freezing alternating weather has been a challenge. I think I may have lost one of the hives this winter, but I wont be able to tell for sure until it warms up a little bit.

How big are your herds & flocks?

Have you watched Clarkson’s Farm on prime?

Hopefully it’s a cruise company that pays their bills and doesn’t flee the US with you onboard.

The Bowlen family situation is kind of amazing. Because no one could decide who would run the team, the family (the trust actually) has to sell it. Can you imagine letting go of a 4 Billion dollar company, because you and your sister can't decide who will be in charge. Part of it is that Bowlen wanted the next Chairman to meet certain qualifications about education and working with the team, but the daughters would rather see no one get it than the other one. Bowlen created the trust so that his kids could run the team, but now the trust is throwing their hands up and being like I am out.

(more info here https://www.5280.com/2022/01/sacksession-a-timeline-of-the-denver-broncos-ownership-saga/ )

I got up to work out this morning, walked out the door and immediately said fuck all that noise and went back to bed. It is cold.

The Bowlen family situation is kind of amazing. Because no one could decide who would run the team, the family (the trust actually) has to sell it. Can you imagine letting go of a 4 Billion dollar company, because you and your sister can't decide who will be in charge. Part of it is that Bowlen wanted the next Chairman to meet certain qualifications about education and working with the team, but the daughters would rather see no one get it than the other one. Bowlen created the trust so that his kids could run the team, but now the trust is throwing their hands up and being like I am out.

(more info here https://www.5280.com/2022/01/sacksession-a-timeline-of-the-denver-broncos-ownership-saga/ )

Things like this make me happy my family isn’t rich

See any sharks?

No sharks :( but we did snorkel with manta rays, a spotted eagle ray, several sea turtles, and lots of moray eels...snowflake morays, zebra morays, white mouthed morays, and stout morays to be specific.

This is part of why I made the switch from estate planning and administration. Didn’t go to law school to become a family therapist.

Lawyers are the fucking worst. I had a meeting with one of their clients scheduled for today. Lawyer drives down from Raleigh, observes, contributes absolutely nothing. Couldn’t answer the one basic question I had for her, and made it obvious that things will be dragged out unnecessarily. All while billing the client for drive time and meeting time. And this is a matter that will be settled for not a big sum of money.

Agreed, have never had a good interaction with a lawyer professionally. Same goes for my wife in a completely unrelated field. The cockroaches of the professional world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back