• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT - see post #1 in this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely got into the Smashing Pumpkins about 2 decades before I got into Pavement.

But I was definitely a poser.

The singer for the Pearl Jam cover band I played the drums for in 1993-94 had somehow heard of Pavement and got us to play "in the mouth a desert" for battle of the bands from sophomore year. I was hooked pretty early on.

Oh, good topic. Mine's Hummer. The intro is too long, but I love the drums and the guitar god solo. That note, man.
Ugh that's a great call. I think I still have to go with Cherub Rock though, especially because the intro is just so good.

I’m a poser for all things music but I like both Siamese Dream and the whole Pavement catalog

Fav track is probably Disarm or Today

Just watched episode 4 of How To with John Wilson. Was not prepared for that

I’m a poser for all things music but I like both Siamese Dream and the whole Pavement catalog

Fav track is probably Disarm or Today

I’ll concede that Cherub Rock is among the best album openers I’ve ever heard. And fwiw, my Pearl Jam cover band also played Cherub Rock and Today.

Hey cookout, I’m coming to Asheville with my rowdy crew to see beachhouse and then Sharon Van Etten, Julien Baker and Angel Olsen if the world doesn’t fall apart by July. You going to either of those shows, and what you know about Rabbit Rabbit?

oh snap, barca already covered rabbit rabbit, i didn't hate it when we saw sylvan esso there tbh, but it was also my first concert after a very long hiatus post covid.. wayyyy more crowded than I expected, they can fit a lot of people in that lot and beer lines got a littly iffy at times, also would prefer salvage

i will probably be out of town for beachhouse but didn't know about the SVE/JB/AO tour announcing an asheville visit as well, gonna try to go to that one for sure

oh snap, barca already covered rabbit rabbit, i didn't hate it when we saw sylvan esso there tbh, but it was also my first concert after a very long hiatus post covid.. wayyyy more crowded than I expected, they can fit a lot of people in that lot and beer lines got a littly iffy at times, also would prefer salvage

i will probably be out of town for beachhouse but didn't know about the SVE/JB/AO tour announcing an asheville visit as well, gonna try to go to that one for sure

Yeah you can spread out and find room at the back easier at Salvage Station. It’s harder at RR because the bank building is basically the whole back of the venue. Saw 2 JRAD shows at Salvage Station back in September and was disappointed to see their two shows here in April will be at RR but I’m hitting both.

man, can't wait for them to finish the greenway up that direction so i can just bike/walk to shows even easier, i didn't even consider how close SS is now, don't think i've been in a few years

Have we had best track on Siamese Dream discussion yet?

I don't normally check chat out, but I think this question summoned me. This album was my high school experience for like 8 months. I listened to it all the time. And I'm not surprised that the right answer hasn't been mentioned yet. The best song is Soma. The whole album is terrific, and Soma by itself is a terrific song anyway, but the flow of the album makes it just perfect.

man, can't wait for them to finish the greenway up that direction so i can just bike/walk to shows even easier, i didn't even consider how close SS is now, don't think i've been in a few years

Yeah the shows I saw were supposed to be in April 2020. Well, it was originally one show. Then kept getting pushed back and pushed back. Then when it was finally scheduled in Sept 2021 they added a second show. Bought tix to the original show in Nov 2019 before I even had a kid.

Wordle 207 5/6

🟨
🟩
🟨🟩🟩
🟨🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 207 2/6

🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

My first ever two spot!

Wordle 207 4/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜