• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT - see post #1 in this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a terrible pill taker. GF and this other girl I dated both will take like 4 ibuprofen at the same time, one sip of water. Any of you cats able to do that? I am always one pill at a time, generally with a little water in my mouth to start and then pour more water in to swallow.

yeah i take 3 advils per headache or whatever, no water. those are super easy, small and slippery coated.

it's invariably some bullshit cut. there's a reason it's in fucking chili.

Nah that’s why you dice it up yourself. I don’t make it exclusively steak chunks but will replace .5lb-1lb of the ground beef with it.

Yeah, you got to buy a good rump roast or pork loin or something. Straight ground beef is a losing recipe in a chili cookoff.

in the hospital they give you 800mg

Yeah my mother is a nurse & she told me to take up to 5. And then my friends that are in the medical field say you can double up on ibuprofen & acetaminophen if needed.

You *can* double up on Ibuprofen easily, obviously, but if 1 or 2 works then you don't NEED to and I certainly wouldn't start at that higher level. Probably depends on your pain though. Usually I'm taking it pre-emptively when a headache is just starting up (or when I've woken up hungover).

2 ibuprofen is probably just as good as 3 or 4 in most situations.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31383385/

200.gif

The 3yo does not understand that I have the cron and I have been playing paw patrol on the floor for about 2 hours now.

2 year old neg on the rapid test, awaiting the PCR but hopefully he doesn't have the vid.

My parents babysat on Saturday, got a message from my mom this morning that she has a 102 fever, coughing and chest pain

I would like to make Chili this weekend but need a recipe. I don’t like beans all that much.

The SE recipe is just such an egregiously long ingredient list.

i did the SE veggie chili once and the juice was not worth the squeeze

I like the cookie and kate veggie chili but it's very bean-forward

doing the C&K chana masala tonight

2 year old neg on the rapid test, awaiting the PCR but hopefully he doesn't have the vid.

Hope your little one doesn't have it.

Out of curiosity, how does the test result change your care plan? Are you guys able to return to childcare more quickly or do you need it for work or to decide which parent will quarantine with the kid?

My daughter was exposed last fall and we just decided to watch for symptoms and treat her from there. She didn't present any symptoms, so we got her tested at the end of a 5 day 'quarantine' so she could return to school (school policy). If I didn't need the test to return to school, I wouldn't have bothered. Just wondering how other parents are thinking about kids and COVID right now.

Hope your little one doesn't have it.

Out of curiosity, how does the test result change your care plan? Are you guys able to return to childcare more quickly or do you need it for work or to decide which parent will quarantine with the kid?

My daughter was exposed last fall and we just decided to watch for symptoms and treat her from there. She didn't present any symptoms, so we got her tested at the end of a 5 day 'quarantine' so she could return to school (school policy). If I didn't need the test to return to school, I wouldn't have bothered. Just wondering how other parents are thinking about kids and COVID right now.

Our daycare closes the room for 2 weeks if a positive. The positive kid was there on Tuesday when the exposure happened, and we found out on Friday, but they're only closed til the 18th. So I guess it's 2 weeks since exposure. So I'm home with him today through Thursday. Wife took him to get tested and once she knew the rapid result she went in to work. Since she's a teacher she really can't WFH whereas I can. She doesn't work most Fridays so will have him then. The whole facility is closed next Monday anyway, so I would've been home with him regardless.

of the dominant teams in team sports, Bama is one I don't find myself pulling against as a default

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back