• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Let's talk about the return of Damari Monsanto

I can't get past the hair.

Old man yelling at clouds yes, but I just can't. I dont have a problem with long hair on dudes but his just looks awful. Its the wrong style and he doesn't have the right face for it.

That said, he seems to play with effort and I hope he starts knocking down shots.

1st half of the Miami game when Whitt came in, the old guy sitting in front of me said to the old guy behind him, "That guy wears makeup."

we have to get 5-6 bids right? 4 is crazy, is the ACC really that bad this year?

The problem is that there are no more OOC games for the ACC to rise as a whole. 4 teams is about right. That said, the conference race could break in a way so that 5 or maybe 6 could get in if those teams beat everyone else, so that there are 5 or 6 teams with 13 or more conference wins. Given WF's past-history, can understand the logic for WF playing such a soft OOC schedule, but it would've really helped to have a win over Davidson or Furman or Wofford or any other top 100ish team. It would help if Northwestern (2-5 in the Big 10) or Oregon State (1-5 in the Pac 12) won some games.

I don't think there's much a program can do to make sure a schedule isn't #313 as opposed to #250. I also don't think it makes much of a difference if it's that low either.

Everything matters on the bubble. I'm saying a #313 OOC vs. #250 OCC shouldn't matter as much as other factors.

Everything matters on the bubble. I'm saying a #313 OOC vs. #250 OCC shouldn't matter as much as other factors.

As stated in the Athletic, the NCAA Selection Committee has made an example in the past by leaving teams out because of a crappy OOC schedule. If everything else is equal, could 63 spots in OOC schedule matter? Yes. But sure, it might not matter, kind of a passive aggressive response. Hard to argue with the general proposition that if a team is on the bubble the tougher the OOC schedule (particularly playing true road games) the better. Hope WF wins the ACC Tourney and it does not matter, but you never know.

I'm mentally preparing myself for the 12-8 Deacs to sit at home while 11-9 VT gets in based on their relative strength of schedule (they beat Maryland and St. Bonnie!)

actually, it won't matter when we win at least 13 regular-season ACC games

I'm mentally preparing myself for the 12-8 Deacs to sit at home while 11-9 VT gets in based on their relative strength of schedule (they beat Maryland and St. Bonnie!)

actually, it won't matter when we win at least 13 regular-season ACC games

Oregon State win going to look better than a win over Maryland by the time Manning is done with this season! Joking. Sorta.

I can't get past the hair.

Old man yelling at clouds yes, but I just can't. I dont have a problem with long hair on dudes but his just looks awful. Its the wrong style and he doesn't have the right face for it.

That said, he seems to play with effort and I hope he starts knocking down shots.

Whitt's hair is terrible. I don't mind long hair at all ( think Robin Lopez or Stephen Adams or even Alondes Williams) but Whitt's hair is just so....Kenny G. Or maybe Simply Red. It just highlights that he is a scrawny little dude with no muscles . Every time I see him I think to myself ...he looks like a Theatre kid except I know some Theatre kids who can shoot better.

Last edited:
I feel like Whitt might be competing for the all time worst shooting percentage in ACC history over a certain amount of attempts.

James Griffin missed his first 20 shots at Wake. He then transferred to COC and missed his first 12 shots there. So Whitt is a long way from that.

Sad that we bash Whitt on a thread where we should be discussing the awesomeness of Monsanto.

James Griffin missed his first 20 shots at Wake. He then transferred to COC and missed his first 12 shots there. So Whitt is a long way from that.

Sad that we bash Whitt on a thread where we should be discussing the awesomeness of Monsanto.

Agree with this.

Some of you are pretty miserable. We're having the best season in a looooong time and you're posting about a contributing player's hair.

Most importantly, this dude has the best nickname possibilities since DickWash. GMO? Agent Orange? PCB? Superfund?

The Chemical Advantage? Better basketball through chemicals? Wall to Wall Basketball (Monsanto makes carpet and at least it rhymes)? But why are we speculating, can't our insiders tell us what his teamates call him ala ManMan?

So are you calling yourself an old guy?

LOL. I am but not that old. There was an old-timer sitting a few seats away from me. Both of them had about 30 years on me.

BTW, Les says Demari's nickname is "Bookie". Don't know why yet. Hope he doesn't have an illegal betting business on the side. If he does, maybe he can claim it is NIL related.

Bookie..if you can't pay up, he breaks your ankles.

For the tenth time. His coach has said we don't need him to score.

Back