• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Let's talk about the return of Damari Monsanto

World needs role players too. I'm ok waiting on Forbes to make decisions about his playing time. I think role player will be his floor.

James Griffin missed his first 20 shots at Wake. He then transferred to COC and missed his first 12 shots there. So Whitt is a long way from that.

Sad that we bash Whitt on a thread where we should be discussing the awesomeness of Monsanto.

That's James "Big Grip" Griffin to you, at least according to the tattoo on his bicep that he liked to show off when we were freshman. It was a rowdy bunch in the basement of Efird.

Most fun minute of Wake basketball in a decade

He had two halfway down as well before rattling out. Not great % tonight, but that one minute stretch blew the game wide open and UNC never recovered.

That is not a play made by someone coming off an Achilles injury. Outrageous

All his shots except for his heat check (that went in!) were good shots in the flow of the offense. He doesn’t look like a gunner that is going to shoot us out of games when he is off. But he always has the potential for an explosion.

I fucking love this team.

I was totally prepared for a letdown game to bring us back to reality after he exceeded expectations in his first game back from injury. Monsanto is definitely genetically modified.

It wasn't even close - the ball was probably at least 3 inches clear of the cylinder. Just pathetic to make such a poor call.

Not only that, the ball came hard off the rim. It wasn’t the type of miss that gets basket interference.

Not only that, the ball came hard off the rim. It wasn’t the type of miss that gets basket interference.

I saw the ref talk to Monsanto and then Forbes coming out of the following TV time out and I could read his lips saying that he missed the call. I’m guessing he saw the replay on the video board that clearly showed it was a bad call.

a68ec2cd0ca2f3540f6cb8a437f4f154.jpg

Back