• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Let's talk about the return of Damari Monsanto

a68ec2cd0ca2f3540f6cb8a437f4f154.jpg

BS call kept us from hanging 100 on the holes. Ugh

In real time when I watched it on TV, I thought it was goat tending. Guess it wasn't, but it certainly didn't seem like an outrageous call.

I don’t know if I can remember a player with fewer fucks to give when it comes to shot selection since Dennis Scott was at Georgia Tech. And I am totally on board for it.

Monsanto is a complete player. Can shoot, can defend and can rebound.

Most of the guys we've had that were the deadly 3 pt shooters, would just hang out on the 3pt line and wait for an open shot. The fact that he's not one dimensional is huge.

You do realize that 3/9 from 3 is the same as 50% from 2, right?

To be fair, this team shoots 59.3% from 2 which is the same as 39.5% from 3.

Monsanto is fine. Let it fly. He’s a threat. He mostly takes open shots and he’s getting his rhythm.

You do realize that 3/9 from 3 is the same as 50% from 2, right?

Will you just shut the fuck up, man…sheesh. I mean, no shit yes I realize that. I’m clearly pointing out that he almost had some others fall in addition to his 3/3 run in less than a minute and he still landed an uppercut blow to our opponent. I’m a huge Monsanto fan and give me 3/9 all day long. Get wrecked you cunt

Monsanto knows how to make the most out of 58 seconds of basketball. Cut out the heart of of the Heels.

To be fair, this team shoots 59.3% from 2 which is the same as 39.5% from 3.

Monsanto is fine. Let it fly. He’s a threat. He mostly takes open shots and he’s getting his rhythm.

You're showing your Spurs, Ph. Pop to Danny Green. It's still my favorite T-shirt.

On this day all of that seems to be totally appropriate.

He is a total disruptor on defense he gets his hands into passing lanes he rebounds he makes things happen block shots. Once he gets in game shape he will become an all-ACC caliber player i believe.

Last edited:
I saw the ref talk to Monsanto and then Forbes coming out of the following TV time out and I could read his lips saying that he missed the call. I’m guessing he saw the replay on the video board that clearly showed it was a bad call.

Then we should pull an NCSU and claim that basket. So we won 100-76.

Everyone in the LJVM knew it should have counted.

He is a total disruptor on defense he gets his hands into passing lanes he rebounds he makes things happen block shots. Once he gets in game shape he will become an ACC caliber player i believe.

Uhhhh, he is an ACC caliber player. And yes he will get better. Forbes will make it so.

Those heat check bursts are perfect role for this team. Next year he is going to really light it up.

Having an extra guy in Monsanto who can get hot like Zay is a game changer. Much less likely to have scoring droughts this way. Whew boy. What a difference a year makes

My 11 year old son is a huge NBA fan. When he saw Monsanto go crazy, his NBA comparison was Klay Thompson. Athletic, great shooter, great D, can rebound. Obviously, a poor man's version at this point, but I can see it.

Speaking of NBA comps, I think ManMan's best comp is prime Russell Westbrook. Incredible athleticism and ability to get to the rim. Great passer. Great rebounder for a guard. But...too many turnovers and can't shoot as well as you would like from deep.

Not sure you could design a better 6th man in a lab for this team than Monsanto. Can basically play him anywhere on defense, can light it up in bursts from outside, chips in with the dirty work on the boards on both ends.

Makes life so much easier on subs 2 and 3 from the Sy/Whitt/Cam crew as well - they don't have to do as much or draw as much focus. Gonna be fun down the stretch.

Not sure you could design a better 6th man in a lab for this team than Monsanto. Can basically play him anywhere on defense, can light it up in bursts from outside, chips in with the dirty work on the boards on both ends.

Makes life so much easier on subs 2 and 3 from the Sy/Whitt/Cam crew as well - they don't have to do as much or draw as much focus. Gonna be fun down the stretch.

It’s early but he kind of reminds me of jamaal levy with a three point shot.

It’s early but he kind of reminds me of jamaal levy with a three point shot.

Ha yeah was watching with my kid and talking about how he's routinely at the peak of his jump, straight up and down, to meet the ball on rebounds. Exactly like one Mr. Jamaal Levy.

Back