• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Let's talk about the return of Damari Monsanto

Before the season, I predicted he’d be our leading scorer and literally two or three days after that is when he got injured.

He will thrive in this offense. If we can get him back, I can see us becoming a real threat to win the ACCT this year.

With another great scorer in the mix, we win the Miami and perhaps Louisville games. I'm excited to see the kid when he gets to play.

For the first time in 10+ years, I have watched entire games of WFU basketball. Anyone else?

I can't wait to be wrong about this, but I have zero expectations about Monsanto this season.

With another great scorer in the mix, we win the Miami and perhaps Louisville games. I'm excited to see the kid when he gets to play.

For the first time in 10+ years, I have watched entire games of WFU basketball. Anyone else?

same here (even getting up in the middle of the night to do it)

I can't wait to be wrong about this, but I have zero expectations about Monsanto this season.

I believe he will try to return with what appears to be full medical clearance. This is my reasoning as to why. No scoop.
DOB is 10/31/00 so he is already 21 and will be 22 before next season starts. This is his 3rd college year:Redshirted in 19-20, Socon frosh of the year 20-21, out for 20-21 since summer Achilles tear. Most importantly, I see no way he stays at Wake 3 more yrs after this. 35.8% from 3 with 59% of his shots behind the arc. 6’6” now 225lbs.

As we sit here today, Monsanto has 4 years of eligibility, right? If so, I wouldn't think twice about burning one given that this team has NCAA tournament potential and his potential to contribute and make us a better team. Even if he only had 3 years remaining, I still have to think he'd take the opportunity to play with this team.

Should find out today if Monsanto plays against Ga. Tech on Wednesday. I bet he does.

It’s official, he is back per Forbes for Ga. Tech. Great news.

Let’s go! I assume he’ll be limited on minutes for a while but any help is welcome.

If he can play 5-10 minutes versus the Holes with a couple of baskets that could be the difference between winning and losing that game.

I believe he will try to return with what appears to be full medical clearance. This is my reasoning as to why. No scoop.
DOB is 10/31/00 so he is already 21 and will be 22 before next season starts. This is his 3rd college year:Redshirted in 19-20, Socon frosh of the year 20-21, out for 20-21 since summer Achilles tear. Most importantly, I see no way he stays at Wake 3 more yrs after this. 35.8% from 3 with 59% of his shots behind the arc. 6’6” now 225lbs.

Good info, but my point was more about pumping the brakes on expected productivity. Please let me be wrong...

Good info, but my point was more about pumping the brakes on expected productivity. Please let me be wrong...
I agree we shouldn’t expect too much but all he really needs to add at this point is competent depth.

It'll take him 3 or 4 games at least, but I bet he plays a bigger role than some thing once he gets his legs back underneath him. I think he slides into our top-7 rotation if nothing else.

Yeah the savior thing was way overdone. My thought was he can give us effort, minutes and support for what we have. Anything near ETSU level is a wet dream.

This team needs scorers and I saw enough of the highlights and the fact that he was Southern Conference rookie of the year to show me that he can score. He will make us better once he gets in game shape

And hes decided to play and is available for Georgia Tech per Steve Forbes.

Back