• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Let's talk about the return of Damari Monsanto

The stats supplied during the game. Godeacs.com. Go to basketball schedule. Go to the game being played. Go to live stats. Go to home or visitor team stats. Go to analytics. Not too shabby.

Is there a way to see that for completed games? I can't find it for GT last night.

I feel like Monsanto takes us from fringe tournament team, to ACC champion contenders.

Vibes.

Agreed. think we go from a top 30-40 team to top 25 once he starts to hit his groove and Forbes adjusts to how to play the guys. Would add much greater chance for a sweet 16 or better with him whereas without I think our backcourt depth and abilities would ultimately cost us in close games against good teams.

Is there a way to see that for completed games? I can't find it for GT last night.

All the games are archived on StatBroadcast.com. Go to StatBroadcast.com. Click on Today's events. Scroll down and click Wake Forest. Click on Full Calendar/Results. Select the game desired and click on Final stats. Once that appears select Home or Visitor stats as appropriate. Then find and select analytics. Enjoy.

All the games are archived on StatBroadcast.com. Go to StatBroadcast.com. Click on Today's events. Scroll down and click Wake Forest. Click on Full Calendar/Results. Select the game desired and click on Final stats. Once that appears select Home or Visitor stats as appropriate. Then find and select analytics. Enjoy.

Thank you very much. Great resource.

Here's a link that might help others: https://statbroadcast.com/events/schedule.php?gid=wake

Agreed. think we go from a top 30-40 team to top 25 once he starts to hit his groove and Forbes adjusts to how to play the guys. Would add much greater chance for a sweet 16 or better with him whereas without I think our backcourt depth and abilities would ultimately cost us in close games against good teams.

Stahp, stahp, with this sweet 16 talk. I can only be so erect. Trying to edge here.

Most importantly, this dude has the best nickname possibilities since DickWash. GMO? Agent Orange? PCB? Superfund?

Monsanto at +14 (+/-) in only 12 minutes is bonkers. Dude will be an All ACC contributor in his time at WF.

I feel like Whitt might be competing for the all time worst shooting percentage in ACC history over a certain amount of attempts.

Except for shooting, Whitt is an exceptionally good basketball player. His passes last night were Top 10. To get out of this ridiculous slump he needs to practice shooting from just inside the arc until his arms break. His consistency at missing shots makes no sense whatsoever to this observer. It clearly ain't gonna change until he changes his rhythm.

I was as high on Monsanto as any of our transfers before the injury. I tried to keep expectations in check with him coming off a major injury but yesterday was too encouraging to do so.

Just for my own mental health I am going to hold off on any Sweet 16 talk at least until we are securely in the tourney.

Last edited:
Wake fans should hold off any Sweet 16 talk until the end of the second round.

Wake fans should hold off any Sweet 16 talk until the end of the second round.

If the bracket comes out and we have avoided the first four I am definitely going to be thinking about our odds of winning our 4 team opening weekend.

Lunardi has us at an 11 in bracketology and the ACC with only 4 bids. Woof.

Except for shooting, Whitt is an exceptionally good basketball player. His passes last night were Top 10. To get out of this ridiculous slump he needs to practice shooting from just inside the arc until his arms break. His consistency at missing shots makes no sense whatsoever to this observer. It clearly ain't gonna change until he changes his rhythm.

What are you talking about shooting just inside the arc, that's the worst shot in the world to practice! Whitt is nowhere near an "exceptionally good" basketball player. He can't guard anyone, and he can't shoot or score to save his life. He can dribble (unless a good defensive team pressures him) and make a couple good highlight passes. Whoopdeedoo, he won't even come close to exceptional until he is an absolute knock down 3 point shooter and can go past anyone who's defending him.

I can't get past the hair.

Old man yelling at clouds yes, but I just can't. I dont have a problem with long hair on dudes but his just looks awful. Its the wrong style and he doesn't have the right face for it.

That said, he seems to play with effort and I hope he starts knocking down shots.

Back