• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

My take on Wake Football to reach 10 wins in 2022

socaldeac

Reaction score
1) the Offense must evolve in 2022. Continue to become more dynamic and complex. in 2021 once we played better teams, our offense was less effective down the stretch with good teams attacking the mesh aggressively with us having minimal counter attacks. Although, the screen was used effectively against Rutgers to attack the edge, we need to incorporate the jet sweep into the RPO to keep the aggressive defenses honest. I can't recall a reverse in 2021 we ran. I would think the true freshman running back Claiborne with track speed could be utilized out of the slot. Also, we need to more effectively use a pass catching tight end as well. It would be nice to get the Alabama Tight End in the transfer portal.

2) Fill the Void without Skiba- Skiba has been automatic. We take him for granite on how many wins he is worth in a season. If Sciba was not on our roster, I don't think we finish in the top 25 in 2021. I assume we will see a drop off in field goal points and percentages. Put differently, we will need to win by more points in 2022 or we will lose more close games.

3) Play Aggressive Defense - Our corners have the talent to play like Clemson. We need to hold and play filthy. Lester Hayes style. We need to have an aggressive mindset that makes the officials keep their hands in their pockets like they do with Clemson. Play D with our hair on fire, go after the QB constantly make them on the run. Stop the run- This will require recruiting hard in the transfer portal. We need to play aggressive, create long third down situations. If we do this, it can't be worse than last year's zone defense. We need to continue winning the turnover game.

4) Shore up special teams on kick offs - We need someone who can kick the ball into the endzones. We need a kick-off return threat.

5) We need to give $1 tickets to non-acc games to ensure the stadium is filled with Deac and local fans.

If anyone knows Dave, I'm open to doing a zoom call and sharing with him additional insights :).

This is a great take, but all I am asking myself is if you think the saying is actually “take it for granite.”

do you just have some kind of complex where you must start your own threads rather than post in others?

Who's Skiba? I know of a Sciba, but no Skiba.

Must be a real unique take on Wake Football.

saw on Message Board Geniuses on Twitter today that a Texas AM fan described Saban as lacking his usual energy and being "Mellon collie".

That would be nice, but we won 10 games without it and our defense sucked enough that field position wasn’t a huge deal

Can you start separate threads on how to win 11, 12 and 13 games?

Back