Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    I don't know any details but two assistant coaches got into an altercation and Crean didn't report it to the administration, or something like that.
    In other words they will conjure up some bullshit and fight it out in court.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Did you confuse Dominique Wilkins and Hersey Hawkins?
    Yeah i fucked that up.

After listening to the postgame interview today, I don't think Forbes is going anywhere any time soon. Speaking about the loud crowd in LJVM today: "This is what I came here for!"

Quote Originally Posted by wufu bufu View Post
    Yeah i fucked that up.
    Kentucky had a player named Dominique Hawkins from 2013-2017. Local kid who played a lot for being I think a walk on that eventually earned a scholarship.

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    Forbes is going to be on every list this season.

He’s not going to UGA.

Bzzz is a fucking loser Arsene Wenger's Avatar
    In this coat that looks like a puffy sleeping bag
    It kind of shows you how far Wake Forest basketball has fallen that a successful Wake basketball coach would end up on UGa’s short list.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsene Wenger View Post
    It kind of shows you how far Wake Forest basketball has fallen that a successful Wake basketball coach would end up on UGa’s short list.
    Not really. Just because Forbes is on some random university’s alleged short “list” does not mean he has any interest. UGA’s short list might include Brad Stevens, Mark Few and Steve Forbes. If it does. they will need to create a new list

I read a really old Brick Oettinger recruiting report (of poop sheet fame) and he mentioned high schooler Dominque Wilkins was looking hard at Georgia but don't count out ECU's Dave Odom. He also said Wilkins was terrible in the McDonald's game and needed a brain transplant but had great physical talent and with the right coaching would be dangerous. BTW, Brick is apparently not doing well and is in hospice btw- the article I read about him said he was just a terrific human being.

Message Board Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsene Wenger View Post
    We almost lost a coach to fucking Pitt.

I know you are trolling but Pitt at the time and even currently has way more basketball history than UGA.

Message Board Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by lbdeac94 View Post
    I know you are trolling but Pitt at the time and even currently has way more basketball history than UGA.
    They also went to the Final Four 80 years ago.

Message Board Genius
    I just think Wake fans are a little defensive and myopic about just how good the Wake job is.

Tom Crean is making $3.6 million and his buyout will not be onerous, as he's finishing up year 4 of a six-year contract.

Forbes is making about $2 million, if you believe what you read. He'll have the opportunity to double his salary this offseason whether he stays or goes.

And, like almost everyone else on the planet, I really don't care that much about Georgia basketball. Every coach since Tubby Smith has tried to keep Georgia kids at home and build a program and has ultimately failed. Crean got Anthony Edwards for one year. Josh Pastner is flailing at Georgia Tech right now too.
    Last edited by BiffTannen; 02-20-2022 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SC DEAC View Post
    I read a really old Brick Oettinger recruiting report (of poop sheet fame) and he mentioned high schooler Dominque Wilkins was looking hard at Georgia but don't count out ECU's Dave Odom. He also said Wilkins was terrible in the McDonald's game and needed a brain transplant but had great physical talent and with the right coaching would be dangerous. BTW, Brick is apparently not doing well and is in hospice btw- the article I read about him said he was just a terrific human being.
    I think Wilkens went to high school with Alvis Rogers and we tried to get both of them.
    Last edited by Deac83; 02-20-2022 at 04:59 PM.

2022 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    They also went to the Final Four 80 years ago.
    And the coach in question was a diehard city of Pittsburgh guy. Not a good example to use to try to make your point.

Preemptively adding Juwon Howard to this thread. He just threw a punch at a Wisconsin assistant.

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/sta...mU5Mm4GoigSk0w

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Karma View Post
    Preemptively adding Juwon Howard to this thread. He just threw a punch at a Wisconsin assistant.

And Jahcobi Neath threw some big punches in the middle of the brawl.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Niedbala View Post
    And the coach in question was a diehard city of Pittsburgh guy. Not a good example to use to try to make your point.
    Yeah it’d be like Iowa and Forbes maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Rafi View Post
    And Jahcobi Neath threw some big punches in the middle of the brawl.
    He had some coaching on that while at Wake

(Yes, I know he didn’t overlap with coach Jones)
    Let’s get this done!

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Karma View Post

Wow.

Bzzz is a fucking loser Arsene Wenger's Avatar
    In this coat that looks like a puffy sleeping bag
    Hard to see him keeping his job.