• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

Gotta think Howard will be at minimum suspended for the rest of the season with a very good apology. If he wasn’t an alum and reigning COY, he’d be gone.

Gotta think Howard will be at minimum suspended for the rest of the season with a very good apology. If he wasn’t an alum and reigning COY, he’d be gone.

According to the president of the Wes Miller fan club,Howard is a failure as a college coach

No. Maybe a couple of games.

Howard has to be fired. He is the head coach of a power 5 major basketball program. His actions caused the whole thing. You can't do that as a head coach.

Definitely should be fired. He wanted to kick someone’s ass over being disrespected. Grow the fuck up.

Story I heard was that Dominique, Gerald and Mama were sitting right behind the Wolfpack bench when Norm Sloan called Tiny Pinder a "Stupid N-word". The Wilkins family immediately left the building.

Brick Oettinger told me years ago during a phone meeting that he went to visit Wilkens and saw a nice new red Cadillac in their driveway. He called the NC State staff afterwards to tell them the news he was going to Georgia. Before he could get the words in the coaches said "We know, they bought him off. It isn't our shade of red". So I really doubt your story is true.

Definitely should be fired. He wanted to kick someone’s ass over being disrespected. Grow the fuck up.

Speaking of, how about the Wisc. assistant who fired off a "suck it" chop during the heated exchange?

Count me in the camp that thinks Juwan gets another chance. He was wrong last night and he deserves a strong punishment, but competitive people do impulsive things in sports in the heat of competition or in this case, of the sting of a loss. For all of the cheating, NCAA violations, woman abuse, etc. that is given a slap on the hand, I have less of a problem here with a guy who clearly was acting irresponsibly in the heat of the moment. This can be a learning opportunity in my mind. There are a lot of players who have done something like this in their careers because they’re intense competitors. It’s obviously very wrong. Let Juwan show them he’s human and what he is going to do to work on controlling his emotions.

This is probably going to depend on Juwan's relationship with admin/team. If there was any other history/negative track record, he's probably gone. If this is really out of character for him, he's suspended several games and invited back. He was wrong at basically all levels on this one and it caused players to start fighting. You can't sweep this under the rug and just move onto the next game.

The only thing that can be swept under the rug in college hoops is outright cheating in recruiting.

Back