• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

Any idea what Forbes' buyout is in the new contract??

Likely in the Capel neighborhood as well.

Ball State let its coach go after nine years. Zero NCAA appearances with only two CBI appearances. He did win the MAC West Division 3 times. Sort of an odd career arc. Finished his career 131-145.

He was off the Sean Miller tree.

South Carolina fans are mentioning BJ McKie for the head job. I think they would prob go the mid major head coach route , but the fans love the idea of McKie

That would be awesome.

SC has nothing to lose going with McKie as program is in shambles and there aren't a lot of mid major guys that are that interesting although Pat Kelsey's name has come up a fair bit.

McKie could probably help keep the fertile Columbia talent from leaving the state, but whether he has the actual coaching chops remains to be seen.

SC has nothing to lose going with McKie as program is in shambles and there aren't a lot of mid major guys that are that interesting although Pat Kelsey's name has come up a fair bit.

McKie could probably help keep the fertile Columbia talent from leaving the state, but whether he has the actual coaching chops remains to be seen.

Getting talent on your roster is a huge step toward being a good coach. A seasoned ex head coach on staff might be good to help with the management and operations side. There will be some available if he gets the job.

L'ville wanted Steve Forbes, but doesn't have faith that they can find the next Steve Forbes coaching a mid-major.

It’s been Kenny Payne for a month now, don’t know why they are dragging out the process. He’s going to get a commitment from DJ Wagner probably first week he’s there.

Travis Steele out at Xavier. When was the last time they fired a coach?

Surprised me at first glance, my impression was Xavier was still decently competitive. They are 0-4 in NCAAT bids under Steele, when they made 8-of-9 under Mack. They haven't had any awful seasons, but definitely a step back for the program in his tenure.

Surprised me at first glance, my impression was Xavier was still decently competitive. They are 0-4 in NCAAT bids under Steele, when they made 8-of-9 under Mack. They haven't had any awful seasons, but definitely a step back for the program in his tenure.

and they WON an NIT game yesterday over our pals the Steamers

Back