• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

South Carolina is having their own steakhouse controversy. Rumors swirling that Sean Miller is their number one choice and a website reported that he was in a Columbia steakhouse last night with the USC AD. A rival website then reported that was absolutely false and he was not in Columbia last night, much less a popular steakhouse on st patty’s day. Then local political reporter chimes in and says he was there and saw Miller with his own eyes. Who knows but lots of free publicity for the restaurant

I hope Kenny Payne is successful at Louisville. He is a great guy by all accounts. I hope he loses every game to Wake and Kentucky, otherwise I wish him well.

UF hiring SF coach Todd Golden. Think it is a good hire.

Payne was Cal's most valuable assistant at Kentucky. You can see how UK has suffered since he left. Hope he does well at Louisville. He will get players. He is extremely connected.

Think he left Kentucky and is now an assistant for Bobby Hurley at Arizona State.

Sounds like it’s Sean Miller in Columbia.

Helluva pull for the Cocks

Scott Sticklin didn’t hire Mike White as he was still in Starkville, MS when White was hired by Jeremy Foley.

Fake News

I'm betting Xavier will hire Pat Kelsey. They should have done that the last couple times the job was open anyway.

Sean Miller is currently the top choice for Xavier. And there is mutual interest. May not happen but Xavier is getting shaky about making a risky hire and is willing to go the route of someone with a cloud around them. If Mack had been fired last year, they'd probably hire him right back too.

Rumors/speculation that Seton Hall's Kevin Willard may get the MD job, and if that happens, St. Peter's HC Shaheen Holloway would get Seton Hall job. Holloway was a star player at Seton Hall.

Terp fans are…..less than pleased.

Terp fans are…..less than pleased.

Maryland fans need a reality check. They are not an elite program. They aren't getting Brad Stevens or even Rick Pitino.

FWIW, rumors going around that Tulsa may hire Billy Gillespie. Gillespie had gone from coaching KY to essentially falling off the face of the coaching earth after a DUI and being accused of mistreating players. After disappearing for 4 year after Texas Tech fired him, Gillespie coached Ranger JC and most recently was hired by D1 newbie Tarleton State. They went 14-17 this past year, playing a ridiculously difficult OOC schedule (Gonzaga, Kansas). Apparently, Gillespie is willing to accept a one-year contract to prove that he has changed his ways.

Back