• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

I don't know anything about Willard other than I think Seton Hall is a #8 seed in the NCAA Tournament every single year. I have not confirmed that.

Seton Hall is currently the only Power 6 conference opening, and it's assumed that Shaheen Holloway is getting that job whenever St. Peter's magical run ends.

There are a ton of mid and low major jobs still open, including Chattanooga and Citadel.

Seton Hall is currently the only Power 6 conference opening, and it's assumed that Shaheen Holloway is getting that job whenever St. Peter's magical run ends.

There are a ton of mid and low major jobs still open, including Chattanooga and Citadel.

SMU is open now.

Yeah SOCON has proven if you do a good job, you can get to the next level pretty easily (Young, Forbes, Paris).

Probably later today or Tuesday morning. Holloway doesn't seem like a guy who was actively involved in negotiations while his team was still in the tournament. He probably agreed in principle and has to work out some final details.

I'm happy for him. I'll be rooting for Seton Hall going forward.

shaheen will be fun back at seton hall; happy for him and the school

Yesterday, SMU named Rob Lanier as its HC. Lanier GA State team won the Sun Belt this year, and face Gonzaga in the NCAAT first round.

Chattanooga is hiring Dan Earl from VMI. The Mocs are getting a helluva good x-and-o guy. If he can recruit there, he'll have them winning a lot of games.

Chattanooga is hiring Dan Earl from VMI. The Mocs are getting a helluva good x-and-o guy. If he can recruit there, he'll have them winning a lot of games.

Great coach. Hiring from a fellow conference school is rough. Really tough to recruit to VMI

No one is saying "but Shaheen is a donor....what happens if it doesn't work."

No one is saying "but Shaheen is too young...what happens if it doesn't work."

No one is saying "but Shaheen has no P5 experience...what happens if it doesn't work."

Only at Wake Forest, do we say stupid shit like that. If Shaheen doesn't work out, just like with John Thompson III, Patrick Ewing, or eventually Juwan Howard, you just fire them and try your luck with another young guy.

You can't build a 30 year winner on fear or hiring 55 year old dudes.

No one is saying "but Shaheen is a donor....what happens if it doesn't work."

No one is saying "but Shaheen is too young...what happens if it doesn't work."

No one is saying "but Shaheen has no P5 experience...what happens if it doesn't work."

Only at Wake Forest, do we say stupid shit like that. If Shaheen doesn't work out, just like with John Thompson III, Patrick Ewing, or eventually Juwan Howard, you just fire them and try your luck with another young guy.

Shaheen isn't a donor or young (45), and he does have P5 experience. Nice try.

Juwan Howard was 46 and Patrick Ewing was 55 when they were hired. Not exactly in DR’s favored age range.

Nick Saban was 56 when Alabama hired him.
Roy Williams was 53 when UNC hired him.

I think that's like 9 or 10 national championships between the two. But don't let facts get in the way of a good lecture.

... and our current old dude coach (57) just had the most basketball wins in over a decade, and I believe the most home wins in Wake history and ACC COY.

Not sure what point you're trying to make.

Last edited:
Nick Saban was 56 when Alabama hired him.
Roy Williams was 53 when UNC hired him.

I think that's like 9 or 10 national championships between the two. But don't let facts get in the way of a good lecture.

Yes, but Alabama has a very small football stadium, so it evens out.

Back