• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

jesus, Donald. Why do you hate Wake forest so much. Your type typically is self loathing, but damn.

No one is saying "but Shaheen is a donor....what happens if it doesn't work."

No one is saying "but Shaheen is too young...what happens if it doesn't work."

No one is saying "but Shaheen has no P5 experience...what happens if it doesn't work."

Only at Wake Forest, do we say stupid shit like that. If Shaheen doesn't work out, just like with John Thompson III, Patrick Ewing, or eventually Juwan Howard, you just fire them and try your luck with another young guy.

You can't build a 30 year winner on fear or hiring 55 year old dudes.
You're a lawyer. I am too. Do you think you're a better lawyer now than you were in your early 30s? I'm no great shakes, but I could run circles around my early 30s self as far as job skills/expertise/competency. Might it be possible that people, like, I don't know, get better at their jobs over time and that hiring someone relatively young and inexperienced--while having the potential for significant upside if the hire pans out--might not always be preferred when you have someone a bit older who actually knows what the ____ they're doing?

You're a lawyer. I am too. Do you think you're a better lawyer now than you were in your early 30s? I'm no great shakes, but I could run circles around my early 30s self as far as job skills/expertise/competency. Might it be possible that people, like, I don't know, get better at their jobs over time and that hiring someone relatively young and inexperienced--while having the potential for significant upside if the hire pans out--might not always be preferred when you have someone a bit older who actually knows what the ____ they're doing?

100% yes.

I am 100% not a better lawyer than I was in my late 20s/early 30s. I’m old, lazy, & no longer hungry. I have much easier ways to make money now. I tell people all the time to go hire a Wes Miller lawyer (exact words). They will work harder and they are cheaper.

I have no idea how anyone can take donaldross seriously, he literally talks out of his ass.

Yeah, but remember that time Wes Miller went to the Elite 8? Point still stands.

I have no idea how anyone can take donaldross seriously, he literally talks out of his ass.

Yep. And he just admitted that he makes lazy arguments in his real job. Why would we think what he says on a message board has any value.

All he did here by waiting this long was hurt the chances of Lavall and more importantly, the assistants, getting other jobs.

Wait - he says right above that that the buyout dropped significantly. So the "all he did here" comment seems pretty stupid, seeing as it sounds like he also saved Butler a bunch of money. Not saying what the Butler AD did is right, or if Lavall should have been fired (I don't follow Butler b-ball), but this certainly isn't the first time that a personnel decision has been based on terms in a contract.

Rumored Butler candidates:

Thad Matta (his name comes up a lot, but he is a former Butler coach, and lives in Bloomington)
Jeff Boals - Ohio U Coach (was an assistant under Matta at tOSU)
Bryce Drew - Grand Canyon Coach (had a nice run at Valpo; struggled at Vandy)

Maybe Darth Thad back at Butler is the circle we need to close and time will roll back and we start at zero. Curse lifted. The true great reset the Deacs need.

Back