• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

head-coach-dino-gaudio-of-the-wake-forest-demon-deacons-smiles-the-picture-id95836507

Some on the Maryland board want to hire Forbes. However, they are concerned that he can't recruit "high level talent." I think he has two, maybe three guys who will get some time on NBA rosters. Manman, Monsanto and perhaps Marsh.

Some on the Maryland board want to hire Forbes. However, they are concerned that he can't recruit "high level talent." I think he has two, maybe three guys who will get some time on NBA rosters. Manman, Monsanto and perhaps Marsh.

This sounds like VT and Clawson. Delusional fanbase that thinks he’d even entertain a move like that.

that's dumb. forbes has a ridiculous track record as a recruiter. including paul millsap at louisiana tech.

maryland is the worst.

Remember when people here wanted Wake to keep Dino (regardless of who we hired next)? Remember when people here wanted Wake to hire Chris Mack?

We dodged some bullets there (while stepping in the way of other bullets).

The coaches show is cancelled is definitely a euphemism for the coach is about to get shitcanned.

And I bet Mack wishes he could turn back time about 4 years. He had a pretty good thing going at Xavier. Coaching a successful team that was now in the Big East at his alma mater in his home city. Going to UL was like a successful small biz owner partnering up with the mob in order to try and take the business to another level. Next thing you know, your business is burned to the ground.

And I bet Mack wishes he could turn back time about 4 years. He had a pretty good thing going at Xavier. Coaching a successful team that was now in the Big East at his alma mater in his home city. Going to UL was like a successful small biz owner partnering up with the mob in order to try and take the business to another level. Next thing you know, your business is burned to the ground.

And you are taking the fall for all the funny business that went on.

This isn’t that far off considering legit felony charges came down.

Please Lord I do not want Bruce Pearl at Louisville, he will dominate there

Ouch. Yeah, I'm not laughing anymore.

Would Pearl just up and leave the #1 team in the country? Funny that Louisville’s small list consists of Pearl & Wade. Going the “clean” route is never an option there.

If you're a cheating institution, you want experienced cheaters who have gotten away with it.

LaRavia?

Up until last week I didn't think he was strong enough or aggressive enough to be an NBA 4 and he wasn't quick enough with a good enough 3 pt shot to be a three. Classic 3/4 tweener for NBA. Great college player. I may rethink that with more outbursts like last week.

Tweeners aren't really a problem in the modern NBA. He'd fit in just fine as a PF. There aren't that many PFs known for their strength. They're more known for being able to complement the PG on the pick and roll by hitting threes and cutting to the rim. His ability to pass and create is will fit as well. He'd have trouble defending guys like AD and Giannis, but everybody does. I'll have to think more about modern comps, but Julius Randle comes to mind. He changed his game from being a more prototypical PF in college to an all-around facilitator for the Knicks.

Back