Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930
Results 581 to 592 of 592

Thread: 2022 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

  1. #581
    Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    DeacsATS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    11,562
    Quote Originally Posted by Spot the Wonder View Post
    Fifty bucks says when Keats gets shitcanned, Pack Pride goes all in on Jay Wright
    Not just them. He'll come up for every significant opening over the next few years.

    But I think he's kind of like Bob Stoops. He's just burnt out on being a major college coach.

  2. #582
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacsATS View Post
    To be fair, Wes was dealt kind of a shit hand at Cincy for his year 1, as well.
    Curious as to why you think that. Cincy returned 3.5 starters from last year's team, Miller brought 3 players from UNCG, and he brought in a 3 year starting center from Miss. State (not mention a starter from WF, Ody). Going into the season, Cincy was a consensus top 3-4 team in the AAC and was expected to compete for an NCAA bid. Wes had Kentucky-level talent compared to what Forbes had to work with in year #1 at WF.
    Last edited by Pilchard; 04-21-2022 at 11:40 AM.

  3. #583
    love a guy going out in his prime

  4. #584
    Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    DeacsATS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    11,562
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard View Post
    Curious as to why you think that. Cincy returned 3.5 starters from last year's team, Miller brought 3 players from UNCG, and he brought in a 3 year starting center from Miss. State (not mention a starter from WF, Ody). Going into the season, Cincy was a consensus top 3-4 team in the AAC and was expected to compete for an NCAA bid. Wes had Kentucky-level talent compared to what Forbes had to work with in year #1 at WF.
    It ultimately worked out that way, but the John Brannen exit was a mess and Wes had to re-recruit a number of guys and repair a fractured roster.

    But sure, it is apples and oranges when comparing to Forbes.

  5. #585
    Also, both Wes and Forbes can be good.

  6. #586
    Ryan Horn hired as new S & C coach at Wichita State.

    Get his lighting guy on the phone.
    “I like the Deacs and I cannot lie”

  7. #587
    Has Haas been poached, too?

  8. #588
    Bob McKillop retiring after 33 years at Davidson. One of the best (FWIW, think Manning was 2-0 against him).

  9. #589
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard View Post
    Bob McKillop retiring after 33 years at Davidson. One of the best (FWIW, think Manning was 2-0 against him).
    Random fact: McKillop, Rick Barnes and [name redacted] were all assistants at Davidson during the 1978-1979 season.

  10. #590
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    133,105
    Big weekend for Davidson hoops. They also announced they’re retiring Steph’s jersey in August.

  11. #591
    A little late in the off-season, but LIU just fired Derek Kellogg (he has coached at LIU for 5 seasons; took them to the NCAAs in 2018; they went 12-6 in the Northeast Conference this past season) and hired Rod Strickland. Yes, the same Rod Strickland that played in the NBA for 15 years. Apparently, he was working in the G-League. Fun fact: Rod Strickland is Kyrie Irving's godfather.


  12. #592
    Quote Originally Posted by deac_tracy View Post
    Random fact: McKillop, Rick Barnes and [name redacted] were all assistants at Davidson during the 1978-1979 season.
    For whatever reason there’s a team poster in the soda shop in town from that year. I cringe every time I go in there and see [name redacted]’s face. I’ve offered the manager money to take it down!
    Run the orbit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •