• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

I mean how delusional should Louisville be? They have great history and great coaches, it's not like NC State football or something.

There are rumors that Pitino is in the mix for the Maryland job after the season.

When was the last time a head coach for men's basketball or football was hired from one active ACC school by another active ACC member?

There are rumors that Pitino is in the mix for the Maryland job after the season.

Pitino may be willing to start at the low end of the market to get back onto the P5 stage. That would be attractive to Maryland.

UL is a trash institution and deserves the shitstorm they're in right now. If I were a good coach and decent human being, I'd not consider them seriously at all for a job opening.

Louisville - the worst; shitty town.

Maryland - the worst; shitty weather.

Duke - the worst; just because.

Never been to Louisville but have heard good things.

Durham - corruption, gangs, Duke, and more. More than a just because.

Grew up in FL and the most humid place I've ever been is Louisville in August. But seems like a cool town minus Mitch McConnell.

Tom O’Brien is one. Can’t remember anyone more recent

He's the last one I can remember. It was unusual because BC was happy to see him leave and NC State was happy to get him.

I think there is a " gentleman's agreement" among ACC schools to not poach coaches for lateral moves.

Grew up in FL and the most humid place I've ever been is Louisville in August. But seems like a cool town minus Mitch McConnell.

Once spent 6 weeks at Fort Knox in July August and my glasses were fogged up 90% of the time I was outside

In the SEC, Dan Mullen from Miss. State to Florida worked out well.

Moving from one conference school to another is a bad look. Usually when it happens, the coach has a prior connection with the school that he moves to (Mullen to FL) or the departing school is at best ambivalent about keeping the coach (O'Brien and BC). Can understand why L'ville covets Forbes, but I don't see it happening. If/when Fran McCaffrey leaves Iowa, that opening would concern me given Forbes often talks about his Iowa roots, but don't see L'ville as Forbes' dream destination.

Back