• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

YEs, if he continues to win 7 out of every 8 games the rest of his career it would be incredible. But lets be realistic, ManMan was a great find and he will not be on this team next year.

YEs, if he continues to win 7 out of every 8 games the rest of his career it would be incredible. But lets be realistic, ManMan was a great find and he will not be on this team next year.

However, with the transfer portal and instant eligibility, the odds on finding a major contributor or two for next year are astronomically higher than they would have been for years.

I will start by saying I was ecstatic with the Forbes hire and am ecstatic with him now. He literally is beating any reasonable expectation.

That said, if we're honest, Forbes-->Louisville seems more likely than Clawson-->VT ever did. The Forbes / Wake fit just isn't as snug; he isn't as established in the community, and Louisville basketball is a better job than VT football. If Forbes has any fleeting thoughts, Louisville opening right now is probably our worst case scenario. Incredible resources, incredible support, incredible history, and incredibly easy to get and keep kids in. There are very few jobs that are clearly better, and none of those would consider hiring Forbes this early in his high major tenure.

I assume if we lost Forbes then Wester would be our first call? Or is he now biding his time for an impending opening in chapel hill?

We aren’t losing Forbes to Louisville. That place is toxic in general, but especially right now. They just lost their AD, President and fired a good coach in Mack. I think he’s going to win at Wake and stay at Wake.

I assume if we lost Forbes then Wester would be our first call? Or is he now biding his time for an impending opening in chapel hill?

that opening in Chapel Hill is coming quickly i think

Why, in God's name, would Steve Forbes go to Louisville!?!?

I think Forbes loves being an underdog AND loves using that as he sees fit. He stays until a dream job* opens.

*no f n idea what his dream job is. Obviously Iowa would be a possibility.

No disrespect to Steve Forbes, but Louisville isn’t paying a 6+ million dollar buyout to Chris Mack mid season just to turnaround and hire Steve Forbes.

You guys are a trip. Athletic success=losing the coach, the same as you did with Clawson.

You can't even make it all the way through a season. So sad.

I just finished reviewing the Univeristy of Iowa benefits package and their employees get 15% off at the Buffalo Wild Wings Coralville, IA location. We can't compete with that.

Back