• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

Does Louisville cover orthodontics? Forbes has teenage kids and invisaline coverage could be key.

Why, in God's name, would Steve Forbes go to Louisville!?!?

Money. Louisville was paying Mack $4M/year. Forbes is getting $2M/year at Wake. I assume Currie has already got an extension and a raise planned but not sure we would match Louisville if they really decide to go all in on him.

Money. Louisville was paying Mack $4M/year. Forbes is getting $2M/year at Wake. I assume Currie has already got an extension and a raise planned but not sure we would match Louisville if they really decide to go all in on him.

they ain't got that pizza money no more, though

To reiterate what mdmh said, and this is no disrespect to Forbes, Louisville is not going to pay $6M to make Mack go away only to turn around and throw more than $4M/year at Forbes.

This has "we need to make a splashy hire" written all over it.

I think the Louisville people are vastly overrating the attractiveness of that job. No president, no AD, and possible NCAA penalties still pending.

I think the Louisville people are vastly overrating the attractiveness of that job. No president, no AD, and possible NCAA penalties still pending.

For this reason, it feels like it has to be Payne.

If it doesn't work, he can just go back to the NBA. And by the time Louisville figures out it isn't going to work, maybe they'll have money and no sanctions to worry about in making a splashier hire.

To reiterate what mdmh said, and this is no disrespect to Forbes, Louisville is not going to pay $6M to make Mack go away only to turn around and throw more than $4M/year at Forbes.

This season has a long way to go. Forbes may be considered a very splashy hire by April. Just saying.

Forbes isn't leaving Wake after this season. Fuck all that noise!

Also, is Mack officially out at UL? Haven't seen anything but rumors.

Good! Fuck Mack! Was he always a dick bag or did Prosser just have a way to keep guys in check?

Good! Fuck Mack! Was he always a dick bag or did Prosser just have a way to keep guys in check?

Maybe Skip was the Mike Tomlin of keeping crazy coaches under wraps.

Also, it would have been kinda weird if Dino was still on the bench and had back-doored his way into another premier coaching gig.

It wasn't long ago that everyone here would have given anything to get Mack.

Last edited:

I agree with that, but a deepish run in the NCAAT is all it takes to turn him into a splashy hire. I don't think it happens but if it does it's because they are desperate and give him an offer he can't refuse that we just aren't willing to match.

I agree with that, but a deepish run in the NCAAT is all it takes to turn him into a splashy hire. I don't think it happens but if it does it's because they are desperate and give him an offer he can't refuse that we just aren't willing to match.

Forbes isn't leaving Wake for Louisville after 2 seasons. Currie has shown that he knows what it takes to keep our coaches and I'm sure he will do the same when it is necessary for Forbes.

I think folks underestimate the amount of money we have to throw around if necessary.

I remember people worrying that Danny Manning was going to be poached.

I'm pretty sure we are fine.

Louisville is a job with a lot of potential, but there is something to be said for being in a good work situation and it’s hard to deny that the Louisville AD has been a complete shitshow lately.

Don't think anyone here thinks Forbes is heading to L'ville. He was just one of the potential names that has been thrown out by the L'ville media/fanbase because the word is out that Forbes is good. Makes sense to report when fans of other schools want your coach. That is a positive.

When ranking message board fodder, speculation on coaching hiring/firing and all related moves is really high on the list. It's fun. That said, in the life of WF message boards (which I believe go back to the early 90s - maybe earlier) WF has not lost a football or basketball head coach to another school, even though WF has had some good ones (and some bad ones); GDO was a mutual parting of the ways with his contract expiring and WF unwilling to offer a long-term extension; so, his run came to a logical end as his act at WF had gotten stale, and GDO had coveted coaching a State University. FWIW, not sure if WF has lost a HC that it wanted to keep from any sport to take a job at another school during that time. The closest may have been footballer coach Jay Vidovich who is now at Pitt, but he had an interim job as a pro coach. So, based upon history and common sense, no one is taking the position that Forbes will, may or could leave for L'ville. That said, it's entertaining when stuff like this comes up, and posters use it as an opportunity to trash another program, the school in general and even the town where the school is located (if you are making millions of dollars, any town can be a great place to live; it's not like a coach is going to live under Sharia Law and be forced to speak Farsi: you are the big swinging dick town with all the related perks; plus, you have stupid money to buy multiple vacation properties and have the means to get there upon a moments notice.

Last edited:
Back