• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

Forbes is going get a nice little bump one way or another.

Call me nuts but I have a little faith in our current AD. I had ABSOLUTELY NO faith in the previous assclown.

Our current AD fixed a horrible situation with an absolutely horrible coach and somehow kicked him to the curb during the worst pandemic in 100+ years. Still not sure how he pulled it off but God bless him for it.
Our current AD then hired a coach who has turned around our basketball program in less than 24 months. Again, during a pandemic
Our current AD managed to retain Clawson, who might have a statue erected outside of Groves Stadium at some point, and then managed to provide the funds for Clawson to hire a much-improved defensive coordinator

Will Forbes leave? He might at some point. But have a little faith in the new sheriff in town. I certainly do!

I was surprised at the Forbes hire, as relied heavily on juco transfers. But turns out that skill set translated well to the new world of free agency.

I was surprised at the Forbes hire, as relied heavily on juco transfers. But turns out that skill set translated well to the new world of free agency.

It seems like Forbes and Clawson both know how to use the rules and the uniqueness of Wake to their advantage.

A dialed-in Duke alum I know is telling me he's hearing rumbles of Louisville sniffing around Forbes...

A dialed-in Duke alum I know is telling me he's hearing rumbles of Louisville sniffing around Forbes...

Leaving a program with great relationships with the AD and president for one with no AD and president?

Forbes may don the cousin Eddie hat but he’s smarter than that.

Tom Crean may not make it through the weekend.

It so happens that Georgia (6-20), George Washington (10-14), Georgia Tech (10-15), Georgia Southern (11-13), and Georgetown (6-19) are all struggling programs this year. George Mason (13-11) and Georgia State (12-10) are barely any better. Can you imagine being this mediocre to dreadful in basketball? *tsks condescendingly*

lewisville and all its baggage is a step down from Wake.

Forbes has us back in the hunt and is here to stay. :thumbsup:

Don't see Forbes going anywhere. He has the best of everything now at Wake. An ascending program, great training facilities, new AD who wants to win, Univ. president who supports winning, Forbes would be crazy to even consider making a move.

Just remember, we are only three plus years from the Houston Baptist debacle in '18. I still remember monitoring these boards and the atmosphere here was like a funeral "wake!" Anger and disconcert was everywhere. After ten years of Winter desolation and despair I for one FINALLY appreciate there is life after football concludes. Go Deacs!

Don't see Forbes going anywhere. He has the best of everything now at Wake. An ascending program, great training facilities, new AD who wants to win, Univ. president who supports winning, Forbes would be crazy to even consider making a move.

Just remember, we are only three plus years from the Houston Baptist debacle in '18. I still remember monitoring these boards and the atmosphere here was like a funeral "wake!" Anger and disconcert was everywhere. After ten years of Winter desolation and despair I for one FINALLY appreciate there is life after football concludes. Go Deacs!

As a 70's alum who sat thru 4 years of absolute football futility with literally the highlight being watching All-American Chuck Ramsey's punts (the largest cheers the whole afternoon were usually for his punts during warm-ups; not many stayed around after halftime to watch his other kicks),and who also witnessed some pretty decent Wake basketball during that period, this statement is still a bit jarring though 100% accurate.

As a 70's alum who sat thru 4 years of absolute football futility with literally the highlight being watching All-American Chuck Ramsey's punts (the largest cheers the whole afternoon were usually for his punts during warm-ups; not many stayed around after halftime to watch his other kicks),and who also witnessed some pretty decent Wake basketball during that period, this statement is still a bit jarring though 100% accurate.

So true. I'm there with you remembering our comedy show called a football "program". I never thought in my lifetime that winning in basketball would be a bonus to our football program. Never.

Back