• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

BarcaDeac

Reaction score
Mizzou fires Cuonzo Martin

And we all already know what's going on with our former conference mates in College Park

Always thinks it's dumb to fire a coach in season unless it for an off the court issue, but if you are going to fire a coach in mid-season, after a 44 point conference loss would be the time to do it. Mizzou lost to Arkansas (who has been disappointing) 87-43 last night. Arkansas led the game 30-5,.. yes, FIVE to start the game. Didn't seem like the Tigers were ready for that one.

Always thinks it's dumb to fire a coach in season unless it for an off the court issue, but if you are going to fire a coach in mid-season, after a 44 point conference loss would be the time to do it. Mizzou lost to Arkansas (who has been disappointing) 87-43 last night. Arkansas led the game 30-5,.. yes, FIVE to start the game. Didn't seem like the Tigers were ready for that one.

Like being Butlerized 43-10...

Crazy that they beat Alabama in the middle of losing by 25 to Illinois, 27 to Kentucky, and 44 to Arkansas.

Some other awful losses, too... By 14 to UMKC (#228KP), by 23 to FSU, by 21 to Liberty, and by 37 to Kansas.

Sheesh.

Didn't Iona have a 43-5 jump on us in a Bahamas/VI tourney game?

I view that day as rock bottom.

After sitting in those old and splintered seats at ND while losing 38-0 I decided to take a look and see how basketball was doing. I was looking for a pick me up. More pain ensued after seeing that score.

After sitting in those old and splintered seats at ND while losing 38-0 I decided to take a look and see how basketball was doing. I was looking for a pick me up. More pain ensued after seeing that score.

I remember that day and it is memorialized in my avatar picture which is a photo of the sunset out of Notre Dames stadium, symbolizing the sunset of Wake bring good at sports to me.

Maryland assistant coach just got busted for soliciting prostitution, lol.

No a big deal compared to a cold blooded killer assistant coach.

Same.

Rough day for Deacon fans

That coach was fine by my book. Act like a drunk asshole outside of college and you may get yourself killed. Life comes at you fast.

I was there too with my dad and it was a great trip except for the game . I heard our Bball team got waxed there and also IIRC I also first heard that Maryland was leaving the ACC which was huge news at the time. Quite an eventful day

Yeah. Everything except the sports was a great day. Hard to believe that's going on 10 years ago.

Same.

Rough day for Deacon fans
I was in the Virgin Islands along with 10 or 11 other hardcore Deacon fans. Everyone else was at Notre Dame. We had just come off a loss to UConn the nite before- CMM looked great and we were excited to have a great point guard for the next four years. Chatted with Coach Buz later in the hotel— remember telling my wife that he was a nice guy, but somewhat strange.

Maryland assistant coach just got busted for soliciting prostitution, lol.

I just checked out the UMD boards. They have 9 pages of comments on this already. They are not happy. One of the best comments was fire the whole staff and have GAs from the women’s team coach the rest of the year.

I know some Memphis fans. Their delusion about their basketball program is on a similar level as this post. Shit, maybe it was one of my buddies who posted that - they’re that illogical about their basketball program.

Back