Page 1 of 30 12345611 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 592

Thread: 2022 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

  1. #1

    2022 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

    Mizzou fires Cuonzo Martin

    And we all already know what's going on with our former conference mates in College Park

  2. #2
    Always thinks it's dumb to fire a coach in season unless it for an off the court issue, but if you are going to fire a coach in mid-season, after a 44 point conference loss would be the time to do it. Mizzou lost to Arkansas (who has been disappointing) 87-43 last night. Arkansas led the game 30-5,.. yes, FIVE to start the game. Didn't seem like the Tigers were ready for that one.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard View Post
    Always thinks it's dumb to fire a coach in season unless it for an off the court issue, but if you are going to fire a coach in mid-season, after a 44 point conference loss would be the time to do it. Mizzou lost to Arkansas (who has been disappointing) 87-43 last night. Arkansas led the game 30-5,.. yes, FIVE to start the game. Didn't seem like the Tigers were ready for that one.
    Like being Butlerized 43-10...

  4. #4
    Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    DeacsATS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    11,656
    Crazy that they beat Alabama in the middle of losing by 25 to Illinois, 27 to Kentucky, and 44 to Arkansas.

    Some other awful losses, too... By 14 to UMKC (#228KP), by 23 to FSU, by 21 to Liberty, and by 37 to Kansas.

    Sheesh.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldCityDeac View Post
    Like being Butlerized 43-10...
    Didn't Iona have a 43-5 jump on us in a Bahamas/VI tourney game?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by CHillDeac View Post
    Didn't Iona have a 43-5 jump on us in a Bahamas/VI tourney game?
    I view that day as rock bottom.

    After sitting in those old and splintered seats at ND while losing 38-0 I decided to take a look and see how basketball was doing. I was looking for a pick me up. More pain ensued after seeing that score.

  7. #7
    I am not a contrarian lbdeac94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lake Bluff, IL
    Posts
    764
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeseheads12 View Post
    I view that day as rock bottom.

    After sitting in those old and splintered seats at ND while losing 38-0 I decided to take a look and see how basketball was doing. I was looking for a pick me up. More pain ensued after seeing that score.
    I remember that day and it is memorialized in my avatar picture which is a photo of the sunset out of Notre Dames stadium, symbolizing the sunset of Wake bring good at sports to me.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by CHillDeac View Post
    Didn't Iona have a 43-5 jump on us in a Bahamas/VI tourney game?
    Was that the same season we were coming off an inspiring loss to Delaware State? Or was it Presbyterian?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    Mizzou fires Cuonzo Martin

    And we all already know what's going on with our former conference mates in College Park
    Maryland assistant coach just got busted for soliciting prostitution, lol.

  10. #10
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    134,089
    Quote Originally Posted by deacondamo View Post
    Maryland assistant coach just got busted for soliciting prostitution, lol.
    No a big deal compared to a cold blooded killer assistant coach.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    No a big deal compared to a cold blooded killer assistant coach.
    Donít mess with the Deacs. We send a message.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeseheads12 View Post
    I view that day as rock bottom.

    After sitting in those old and splintered seats at ND while losing 38-0 I decided to take a look and see how basketball was doing. I was looking for a pick me up. More pain ensued after seeing that score.
    Same.

    Rough day for Deacon fans

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by deacondamo View Post
    Maryland assistant coach just got busted for soliciting prostitution, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    No a big deal compared to a cold blooded killer assistant coach.
    Seriously. Murder somebody or GTFO
    Letís get this done!

  14. #14
    That coach was fine by my book. Act like a drunk asshole outside of college and you may get yourself killed. Life comes at you fast.
    (Not a parody)

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeseheads12 View Post
    I view that day as rock bottom.

    After sitting in those old and splintered seats at ND while losing 38-0 I decided to take a look and see how basketball was doing. I was looking for a pick me up. More pain ensued after seeing that score.
    I was there too with my dad and it was a great trip except for the game . I heard our Bball team got waxed there and also IIRC I also first heard that Maryland was leaving the ACC which was huge news at the time. Quite an eventful day

  16. #16
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    134,089
    Yeah. Everything except the sports was a great day. Hard to believe that's going on 10 years ago.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by BacktoBack View Post
    Same.

    Rough day for Deacon fans
    I was in the Virgin Islands along with 10 or 11 other hardcore Deacon fans. Everyone else was at Notre Dame. We had just come off a loss to UConn the nite before- CMM looked great and we were excited to have a great point guard for the next four years. Chatted with Coach Buz later in the hoteló remember telling my wife that he was a nice guy, but somewhat strange.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by deacondamo View Post
    Maryland assistant coach just got busted for soliciting prostitution, lol.
    I just checked out the UMD boards. They have 9 pages of comments on this already. They are not happy. One of the best comments was fire the whole staff and have GAs from the womenís team coach the rest of the year.

  19. #19
    Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    DeacsATS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    11,656

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacsATS View Post
    I know some Memphis fans. Their delusion about their basketball program is on a similar level as this post. Shit, maybe it was one of my buddies who posted that - theyíre that illogical about their basketball program.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •