• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

I don't know any details but two assistant coaches got into an altercation and Crean didn't report it to the administration, or something like that.

In other words they will conjure up some bullshit and fight it out in court.

After listening to the postgame interview today, I don't think Forbes is going anywhere any time soon. Speaking about the loud crowd in LJVM today: "This is what I came here for!"

It kind of shows you how far Wake Forest basketball has fallen that a successful Wake basketball coach would end up on UGa’s short list.

Not really. Just because Forbes is on some random university’s alleged short “list” does not mean he has any interest. UGA’s short list might include Brad Stevens, Mark Few and Steve Forbes. If it does. they will need to create a new list

I read a really old Brick Oettinger recruiting report (of poop sheet fame) and he mentioned high schooler Dominque Wilkins was looking hard at Georgia but don't count out ECU's Dave Odom. He also said Wilkins was terrible in the McDonald's game and needed a brain transplant but had great physical talent and with the right coaching would be dangerous. BTW, Brick is apparently not doing well and is in hospice btw- the article I read about him said he was just a terrific human being.

I know you are trolling but Pitt at the time and even currently has way more basketball history than UGA.

I just think Wake fans are a little defensive and myopic about just how good the Wake job is.

Tom Crean is making $3.6 million and his buyout will not be onerous, as he's finishing up year 4 of a six-year contract.

Forbes is making about $2 million, if you believe what you read. He'll have the opportunity to double his salary this offseason whether he stays or goes.

And, like almost everyone else on the planet, I really don't care that much about Georgia basketball. Every coach since Tubby Smith has tried to keep Georgia kids at home and build a program and has ultimately failed. Crean got Anthony Edwards for one year. Josh Pastner is flailing at Georgia Tech right now too.

Last edited:
I read a really old Brick Oettinger recruiting report (of poop sheet fame) and he mentioned high schooler Dominque Wilkins was looking hard at Georgia but don't count out ECU's Dave Odom. He also said Wilkins was terrible in the McDonald's game and needed a brain transplant but had great physical talent and with the right coaching would be dangerous. BTW, Brick is apparently not doing well and is in hospice btw- the article I read about him said he was just a terrific human being.

I think Wilkens went to high school with Alvis Rogers and we tried to get both of them.

Last edited:
Back