• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Wordle Thread

I tried using the powerlanguage URL, got redirected to the nytimes URL, which had my old stats and settings. The answer had a repeating letter and began with a vowel, so I guess it was the hard one?

Is NYT trying to dumb down the game? The last few words have been tougher than usual.

I tried using the powerlanguage URL, got redirected to the nytimes URL, which had my old stats and settings. The answer had a repeating letter and began with a vowel, so I guess it was the hard one?

That was the weird thing - both words today started and ended with the same letter, used twice. The NYT one was difficult because of the double letter, but not that unusual - it's a fairly common word. The word from the old site - I honestly didn't know that it was, standing alone, a word.

Wordle 241 3/6

🟩
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

That's true of both words.

Wordle 241 4/6

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

nerdlegame 27 4/6

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸͺβ¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸͺπŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›
πŸŸͺπŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Daily Dordle #0022 3&5/7
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟩 ⬜⬜🟩🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟨 ⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ ⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
zaratustra.itch.io/

I did the Daily Dordle then refreshed because I couldn’t copy it. I got new words and a new color/dark option.

Daily Dordle #0022 2&5/7
🟨🟩🟨 🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 🟨
🟩🟩
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
zaratustra.itch.io/dordle

Daily Quordle #22

quordle.com
🟩🟨 🟨🟨🟩

🟨🟨🟨 🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨 🟩🟩🟩
🟩
🟩
🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

🟨 🟨🟩
🟩
🟨 🟩
🟨🟩🟨
🟨 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Daily Quordle #22
6️⃣5️⃣
7️⃣3️⃣
quordle.com
🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨 🟨🟩⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜ ⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟨🟨 ⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜ ⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ 🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜ ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟨 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

Wordle 241 2/6

⬜🟩🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Turns out people like really easy games that appear difficult to make them feel good about themselves. Though that is being said about a group of college educated people, my guess wordle and others are impossible for the average illiterate American.

There a reason why (I don't think) there's a competitive version of Wordle. The whole point is for everyone to win.

Reducing the number of guesses you get to 5 would reduce the win rate pretty significantly. Nerdle is harder in that it takes longer (at least for me), but I haven't lost yet and I'm barely numerate.

Damn I must be the only one who almost got got today.

Wordle 241 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Reducing the number of guesses you get to 5 would reduce the win rate pretty significantly. Nerdle is harder in that it takes longer (at least for me), but I haven't lost yet and I'm barely numerate.

Nerdle is designed to be easy and accessible to people who aren’t good at math as per the mission statement. That’s why there are no triple digit numbers. There are 8 slots per guess and 16 characters to use. The equal sign can only go in two places or maybe a third. A good first guess can eliminate up to 5 numbers and two characters.

Nerdle is designed to be easy and accessible to people who aren’t good at math as per the mission statement. That’s why there are no triple digit numbers. There are 8 slots per guess and 16 characters to use. The equal sign can only go in two places or maybe a third. A good first guess can eliminate up to 5 numbers and two characters.

Guess I should've read the instructions. I looked at Nerdle and just threw up my hands.

Guess I should've read the instructions. I looked at Nerdle and just threw up my hands.

nerdlegame 27 6/6

πŸŸͺ⬛πŸŸͺ⬛πŸŸͺπŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
πŸŸͺ🟩πŸŸͺβ¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸͺπŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

https://nerdlegame.com #nerdle

Yay

The no triple digit number things isn't in the instructions. But it's supposed to be easy:

positive_numbers.png
Positive numbers
Our mission is to make math(s) more accessible and even a little less scary for everyone. Our games are intended to be challenging, fun and also educational. But not everyone has the same opportunity to learn these skills. We would love to make a positive impact on child numeracy around the world and, with your support, that’s what our positive numbers initiative is setting out to do.

Back