• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Williams and LaRavia had 9 assists each at Tech. Last time was Crawford/Woods in 2017

PhDeac

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
Reaction score
When was the last game we had two players with 9 assists each? We haven't had many teams that weren't one PG and no other players who averaged over 3 assists or so.

Maybe the Childress, LaRue and Rutland years? That's my best guess.

None of them were particularly prominent assist men.

I went through the 1994-95 box scores. Childress had 10 asts vs. Canisius and Rutland had 5. Childress had 9 asts vs. Duke in the first round of the ACCT (40/6/9/4).

My most recent guess was CMM and Crawford. Each had games with 9 assists when they played together but not the same game.

Ok I gave in and just searched the box scores for all of the Cleveland steamer season. The closest they came was against East Carolina on Dec. 22, 2008 in a 95-54 rout

Ish (off the bench): 9
Farouq: 5
Teague: 5
JJ: 4

Like CMM and Crawford, they each did it in the same season but not on the same day

Thanks. I remember watching that game on my computer on some janky feed. Looking at the media guide, I doubt we’ve had that many 9 ast games since Muggsy Bogues. Probably no more than maybe 2-3 a year.

Looks like ish had two 11 assist games and two 9 assist games his senior year

One 9 assist game his junior year (the ECU game)

One 11 assist game (Presbyterian) and several 8 assist games his sophomore year

Two 11 assist games (including his debut against JMU), two 9 assist games, and a ridiculous 15 assist game against Georgia Tech in the ACC tournament.

Seeing Austin Arians in a box score always puts a smile on my face. Loved that dude. Shooter.

Looks like ish had two 11 assist games and two 9 assist games his senior year

One 9 assist game his junior year (the ECU game)

One 11 assist game (Presbyterian) and several 8 assist games his sophomore year

Two 11 assist games (including his debut against JMU), two 9 assist games, and a ridiculous 15 assist game against Georgia Tech in the ACC tournament.

Not bad for someone the talent gurus (or was it guru?) pegged as not being an ACC level PG.

Not bad for someone the talent gurus (or was it guru?) pegged as not being an ACC level PG.

Pilch... Take note.

This is the kind of cruel and bitter criticism you can expect for the next decade if Alondes Williams has a lengthy NBA career.

Years from now (hopefully decades), someone somewhere will pick up a newspaper and read the obituary for Ish Smith and randomly think, "Man, PhDeac had a terrible take on that dude."

Pilch... Take note.

This is the kind of cruel and bitter criticism you can expect for the next decade if Alondes Williams has a lengthy NBA career.

Years from now (hopefully decades), someone somewhere will pick up a newspaper and read the obituary for Ish Smith and randomly think, "Man, PhDeac had a terrible take on that dude."

I will proudly wear my horrendous Alondes Williams take for as long as ManMan's successes allow it to happen, and I will eagerly take credit for motivating him. It's not just this Board who don't hesitate to bring it up; my non-WF colleagues and even my family love to stick it in my face when ManMan balls out. "Look, there's that guy who you called a nothing-burger".

FWIW, I had OK +15.5 against Gonzaga in the NCAA round of 32 last year. As the game hovered around 10 to 15 point Zags lead throughout the second half, I was desperately trying to bring home a win. Austin Reaves, who is now playing for the Lakers, led OU in scoring that day. Williams had 15 off the bench, and almost single-handedly brought home the cover. That was his career high in two seasons at OU. However, with the score 87-71 and 30 seconds left, Williams missed a FT that would've secured the cover. No points were scored the rest of the way. So, perhaps part of my take was based on bitterness from that result. My bad, ManMan.

I will proudly wear my horrendous Alondes Williams take for as long as ManMan's successes allow it to happen, and I will eagerly take credit for motivating him. It's not just this Board who don't hesitate to bring it up; my non-WF colleagues and even my family love to stick it in my face when ManMan balls out. "Look, there's that guy who you called a nothing-burger".

FWIW, I had OK +15.5 against Gonzaga in the NCAA round of 32 last year. As the game hovered around 10 to 15 point Zags lead throughout the second half, I was desperately trying to bring home a win. Austin Reaves, who is now playing for the Lakers, led OU in scoring that day. Williams had 15 off the bench, and almost single-handedly brought home the cover. That was his career high in two seasons at OU. However, with the score 87-71 and 30 seconds left, Williams missed a FT that would've secured the cover. No points were scored the rest of the way. So, perhaps part of my take was based on bitterness from that result. My bad, ManMan.

Ha, now THAT is some good backstory.

Back