• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 20: UNC-Ch - Saturday 8 pm - ACCN

re: most important home game in a decade, I don't think it'll be quite as important as the home win over Louisville in 2017
That was a big game, it sewed up a tourney bid, and the atmosphere was legit for that game. But of course, it all turned out to be fool’s gold.

If we could win this Saturday, it wouldn’t impact a season as much as that Louisville game, but it would be part of something real and sustainable.

Most important January home game in more than a decade?

I was at that Louisville game. It was a 9pm tip and I got back to Raleigh at like 2am. That team was really good, tons of good shooters. Forbes would have had them in the Sweet 16. Manning is so fucking terrible.

Most important January home game in more than a decade?

I'd go so far as to say it's the most important home game in more than a decade period. Even more so than the 2017 Louisville game. That game was needed to barely make the first four with a lottery pick player. A win this weekend sends the message that we are absolutely one of the best teams in the conference and that we're contenders. The 17 Lousiville game was fighting for tournament scraps. This is a game to prove we're back.

I'd go so far as to say it's the most important home game in more than a decade period. Even more so than the 2017 Louisville game. That game was needed to barely make the first four with a lottery pick player. A win this weekend sends the message that we are absolutely one of the best teams in the conference and that we're contenders. The 17 Lousiville game was fighting for tournament scraps. This is a game to prove we're back.

This game is between two teams playing to get double bye in ACC tourmament. And for Wake, one more big box checked on the Big Dance resumé.

That was a big game, it sewed up a tourney bid, and the atmosphere was legit for that game. But of course, it all turned out to be fool’s gold.

If we could win this Saturday, it wouldn’t impact a season as much as that Louisville game, but it would be part of something real and sustainable.

Went with Creamy to that Louisville game. That was fools gold for sure, this time I believe its real. Like really fucking real.

Carolina's been playing well at home, poorly on the road. Davis has been complaining about inconsistent energy/effort from his players game to game. Not a good sign for a coach to concern himself with coaching energy/effort. I think the same things that drove Roy to retirement Davis is dealing with now.

Carolina's been playing well at home, poorly on the road. Davis has been complaining about inconsistent energy/effort from his players game to game. Not a good sign for a coach to concern himself with coaching energy/effort. I think the same things that drove Roy to retirement Davis is dealing with now.

It would be good for those trends to continue. Poor effort and energy on the road from the visitors.

Louisville game was nowhere near as important. Everyone who watches basketball knew Danny was never going to build a sustained winner at Wake by that point. It was all a waste of time.

This is the correct answer.

Edit: tickets now sold

Last edited:
Louisville game was nowhere near as important. Everyone who watches basketball knew Danny was never going to build a sustained winner at Wake by that point. It was all a waste of time.

Meh - The Louisville game in 2017 was pretty fucking big after not sniffing the tourney for 7 seasons

Yeah, the Louisville game seemed pretty big at the time... Smaller in retrospect.

This UNC game is huge... Right now. But if we win and then shit the bed the rest of the season, it means less. Or if we lose but dominate the rest of the schedule, it'll have just been a missed opportunity.

But in terms of the state of the program, beating Davis in his first year is important. Beating Keatts and NCSU also important (albeit less so).

Yeah, the Louisville game seemed pretty big at the time... Smaller in retrospect.

This UNC game is huge... Right now. But if we win and then shit the bed the rest of the season, it means less. Or if we lose but dominate the rest of the schedule, it'll have just been a missed opportunity.

But in terms of the state of the program, beating Davis in his first year is important. Beating Keatts and NCSU also important (albeit less so).

If we can win our next 11 games, beating Keatts and locking up the #1 seed in the ACC tournament will be absolutely huge

Anthony Harris out for the remainder of the season. Didn't we take a run at him in HS?

Sounds like it's academic or discipline-related...not injury. This is the type of thing that happens before he enters the portal...

Anthony Harris out for the remainder of the season. Didn't we take a run at him in HS?

Sounds like it's academic or discipline-related...not injury. This is the type of thing that happens before he enters the portal...

Just how bad do your grades have to be to wind up academically ineligible at U*NC? I mean, we’ve seen the lengths that they will go to in order to avoid actually educating (or even attempting to educate) scholarship athletes there.

Back