• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

“I love Steve Forbes so damn much!”

Tobacco Road

Reaction score
Stolen from Strickland33 but sums up where I am in life.
I feel like my passion for Wake and college basketball is finally starting to thaw after a long, cold winter.

He's such the perfect anti-Hubert/Scheyer.

Wake has such a unique opportunity over the next 3-4 years with Hubert and Scheyer in their jobs to really make a big push and Forbes is the PERFECT coach to do it. God I love John Currie right now and I still fucking hate Wellman.
And Cuse likely retires a legend soon. And Mac is slipping at Louisville.

Did anyone else notice Wente high-five Currie after giving Clawson the ACC trophy?

My, oh my, how times have changed!

And Larranaga has to be leaving at some point. Same with Hamilton (but I wouldn’t tell him that to his face). Some of the shine is off Tony Bennett. Mike Young’s honeymoon may be over. The opportunity is there.

Reminds me of the feel of Prosser and how he connected to students and fans.

The dude gets it like Skip did. Very different dudes, but similar in some important ways.

It is pretty awesome that we have such a superior coach after the decade of UWA relative to Duke and Carolina.

I like Forbes more and more and of course the current record helps, but I just like listening to the man in postgame pressers. He speaks plainly and to the point. He pretty much has a photographic memory of certain points in the game that were pivotal, of stats that were key. I mean, the guy is on it and involved in a way that the average Joe fan can relate to.

The dude gets it like Skip did. Very different dudes, but similar in some important ways.

Yes, he doesn't just talk about playing defense, he gets his team to actually play defense.

Back