• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Greatest bball portal transfer class ever???

I was thinking JHo had a huge improvement his senior year, and he did. Unanimous ACC POY. But looking at his stats, the jump wasn't as great as I remembered. Still, it's a similar situation, minus the transfer part.

Between ManMan's senior and super senior years, he has already seen a 11 point increase in PER, 8% increase in TS%/eFG%, 67% increase in free throw rate, and 10% increase in usage. It's really something. JHo had an incredible trajectory, don't get me wrong. I just think we're seeing something utterly unique with ManMan.

Between ManMan's senior and super senior years, he has already seen a 11 point increase in PER, 8% increase in TS%/eFG%, 67% increase in free throw rate, and 10% increase in usage. It's really something. JHo had an incredible trajectory, don't get me wrong. I just think we're seeing something utterly unique with ManMan.
Agreed, JHo was the only player I could think of that was even close. And it's actually not that close

I was thinking JHo had a huge improvement his senior year, and he did. Unanimous ACC POY. But looking at his stats, the jump wasn't as great as I remembered. Still, it's a similar situation, minus the transfer part.

I think it was the circumstances around Howard (team wise and conference wise) that changed rather than him making a huge leap (though it was still a leap). He always had the talent, but injuries had dogged him and there was the big senior class a year ahead of him. Once he stayed healthy and opportunities opened up he took advantage.

I think it was the circumstances around Howard (team wise and conference wise) that changed rather than him making a huge leap (though it was still a leap). He always had the talent, but injuries had dogged him and there was the big senior class a year ahead of him. Once he stayed healthy and opportunities opened up he took advantage.

What was happening inside his head changed after talking with Skip, and that might have been the biggest difference.

His decision to come to Wake will likely make him millions more over his career.

Props to John Currie for realizing the future of college basketball recruiting is in the transfer portal market, rather than the high school market. High school recruiting will still be important, but not as important going forward. Forbes may be the best out there at working the transfer portal market and building a team on the fly. He’s got a lot of experience doing it. Currie realized this in April 2020 and not many other did and he is being proven right.

Some on the boards called Howard a cancer on the team in his first two years. Howard did not seem to fit with Odom. Skip came in and the line supposed he used with Howard was something like are you a 9-5 guy or a 5-9 guy. In year one of Skip, Howard had the high ankle sprain, which made it a challenge to make the NCAAT. And there was the @MD game where he brought us back but called the TO when we didn't have one. Of course in his Sr year he led a young team to 1st in the ACC regular season. Hist FT% went from 58% as a frosh and 66% as a jr to 83% as a sr.

Howard was 2nd team all-acc as a sophomore

Last edited:
And Dawson dislocated his shoulder again, right. That loss was heartbreaking.

Didn’t realize they were transfers to Loyola but that is a pretty tough combo if so. Surprised not more of a story there given how they put Loyola into spotlight.

There’s a very good 30/30 about it.

I do wonder where this team ranks on percentage of production from 1) transfers and 2) transfers from the same year

Back