• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ukraine is game to you?

I'm sure a multi-week examination of Ukrainian history would be very helpful in preventing Putin from invading tomorrow.

Our political outcomes are always going to be as stupid and corrupt as our dipshit electorate allow them to be.

Biden is saying war is imminent and that Russia is trying to create a false flag narrative to justify it. Sounds like Russia has been launching shells close to the Ukraine border in the hopes of evoking a response.

We are engaged in a game of chicken with Russia on this and we better be prepared to push back when Russia inevitably engages.

I don’t see the problem calling things out especially since American boots on the ground aren’t happening. Like even if the US was lying, which it seems like you are implying, what does that accomplish, Ukraine aren’t the aggressors they aren’t invading Russia.

I don’t see the problem calling things out especially since American boots on the ground aren’t happening. Like even if the US was lying, which it seems like you are implying, what does that accomplish, Ukraine aren’t the aggressors they aren’t invading Russia.

I’ll believe Ukraine is being invaded when it actually happens. For the past two weeks Ukrainian President Zelenskyy has been all but begging for the US and EU to stop spreading that rumor because it’s fucking up the Ukrainian economy.

I’ll believe Ukraine is being invaded when it actually happens. For the past two weeks Ukrainian President Zelenskyy has been all but begging for the US and EU to stop spreading that rumor because it’s fucking up the Ukrainian economy.

it's almost like more people than just Ukrainians are affected

it's almost like more people than just Ukrainians are affected

There’s no reason for you to be sarcastic, because whatever point you are trying to make isn’t plain and obvious. Ukraine elected their current President after the previous one was overthrown for pursuing an economic alliance with Russia that many Ukrainian people disapproved of - i.e. Zelenskyy is not friendly to Russia at all, so I absolutely trust him to tell the truth about Russia invading, vs the American government thats been saber rattling Russia for a decade and claiming they stole an American election. The US is absolutely, undeniably biased and paranoid in this situation, and I don’t trust our government or media to keep us out of a ground war, which obviously Ukraine is a lot more concerned about then we are being thousands of miles and an ocean away.

All that is to say - If you really want to know how close Russia is to invading, maybe you should take the word of the country being invaded as your primary source.

You acknowledged that talk of a potential Russian invasion is tanking the Urkanian economy. Trying to quell fears to stabilize the economy seems like something a Ukranian president might do regardless of the actual threat he perceives. I would recognize that may significantly influence his own public statements.

People who don’t want to fight a ground war with a bordering country certainly would measure their speech more carefully, yes. The implication that Ukraine is lying to the potential military allies whom they will be directly dependent upon is rather asinine.

People who don’t want to fight a ground war with a bordering country certainly would measure their speech more carefully, yes. The implication that Ukraine is lying to the potential military allies whom they will be directly dependent upon is rather asinine.

But, we don't know if he is lying to allies. We know what he says publicly. I am not saying you are wrong. I am just not convinced either way because public statements are going to made to accomplish a goal, whether it is true or not. What he says to allies in private may be very different and reflected in what all of the allies are saying.

I feel like you can trust your own eyes, there’s massive troop movements and build up of Russian forces on the border, it’s 100% real and verifiable. What comes of that is the future but there’s a hell of a lot more saying invasion of Ukraine than not, and that’s without the added benefit of intelligence etc..

When the shooting starts looks like we know who is in the "blame America" camp.

I think it's likely that Zelensky is saying one thing publicly while behind the scenes begging us to be a safety net for them when shit goes sideways. There is a reason why the Biden admin thinks the attack is imminent. They have intelligence at their disposal way beyond what we see on the news every night.

We are doing everything we can to avoid a repeat of 2014 when we sat on our hands while Russia annexed a sovereign country.

Back