• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ukraine is game to you?

I don’t know why I need to keep getting alerts about what our government thinks Russia might do.

I don’t know why I need to keep getting alerts about what our government thinks Russia might do.

The media are pretty excited about another war. They make a lot of money off of war. They are trying to preamp you so you’ll check their apps and websites and 24 hour channels over and over in the coming weeks.

That’s a good explanation. They’re also looking forward to blaming Biden for being at war.

Damn our government for provoking Russia into a propaganda campaign that Russia will use to justify their invasion of the Ukraine.

Damn our government for provoking Russia into a propaganda campaign that Russia will use to justify their invasion of the Ukraine.

Based on the last 60 years of American history you shouldn’t be surprised that Americans are suspicious of our government going to war under false pretenses. We’ve been sold bullshit US intelligence before, rather recently actually.

That subhead says Putin said he’s interested in diplomacy. What would be the diplomatic solution for him? Ukraine surrenders unconditionally?

Ukraine being denied NATO membership. Or disbanding NATO entirely.

FL8uTakXMAEupJH

Does anyone think Putin is really worried about NATO?

I mean what’s the threat? NATO gonna invade Russia? Hardly.

This is about not letting Ukraine be free from Russian control and domination.

He is worried about Nato specifically for that reason. Nato recognizing the Ukraine via membership would make it harder for Putin to Annex it.

Right, it’s about controlling/dominating Ukraine, not some real/other/actual threat to Russia.

So now Zelinsky is angry with his allies for not acting more strongly against Russia to deter the Russian invasion that he isn’t worried is going to happen.

Based on the last 60 years of American history you shouldn’t be surprised that Americans are suspicious of our government going to war under false pretenses. We’ve been sold bullshit US intelligence before, rather recently actually.

Just so we are clear, in a debate between who is conjuring up a pretext for war out of Russia and the US, you think the US is the bad actor in this scenario?

Remember when the US President used arms for Ukraine to get fake blackmail information against a political opponent?

Just so we are clear, in a debate between who is conjuring up a pretext for war out of Russia and the US, you think the US is the bad actor in this scenario?

I don’t agree with the binary “good guy/bad guy” dichotomy being applied here. I think there are multiple bad actors here, with the US being a constant bad actor in every scenario.

So much discussion here completely flattens every world events into “bad guy did x, how will we respond”. The dispute between Soviet bloc borders didn’t exactly start yesterday, and the US has an established history of meddling with those former Soviet governments for the purposes of influencing the determination toward Europe and against Russia.

Remember when the US President used arms for Ukraine to get fake blackmail information against a political opponent?

I'm old enough to remember when the GOP thought Russia was a bad guy.

Back