• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ukraine is game to you?

Don't worry, Biden will find a way to fuck it up.

Don’t really understand the point of using this issue to score cheap political dunks on Biden when no one knows or even agrees on what we should do. I mean honestly, what what your preferred President do?

I fucking hate Biden and I have no clue what he’s going to do. I just hope this doesn’t start WW3

Don’t really understand the point of using this issue to score cheap political dunks on Biden when no one knows or even agrees on what we should do. I mean honestly, what what your preferred President do?

It's especially bizarre because these people think Donald Trump WONT fuck it up

Because Trump is their god and nothing he does is a screw up especially since his acolytes won’t report it as a screw up.

Republicans have their strategy. Relentlessly attack the democrats as incompetent no matter what the circumstances are when they're in power and circle the wagons defending the GOP when they are in power. Anyone who goes off this plan is branded a heretic.

Its pretty effective.

Ladies and gentlemen, Republican messaging in a nutshell. Call it a fuckup before any outcome occurs and then pick the exact opposite side of what the president does.

At this point, any outcome that doesn't involve a shooting war is a good one, and we are very clearly deeply involved in diplomatic solutions to secure that outcome. To me, the key really seems to be providing Germany specifically and the other Eastern European states enough natural gas security that they can feel comfortable if Russia shuts of NatGas exports to the EU.

And if it does escalate into a shooting war, we need to participate thru NATO. Failure to commit resources in that case would be a huge mistake.

IMO, going on our own doesn't appear to be an option, and we should all be grateful for that.

It's especially bizarre because these people think Donald Trump WONT fuck it up

He already fucked it up the day he stood before the G7 and made a case that the Ukraine should be a part of Russia, "because they speak Russian."

Ukraine seems to be really confident that there's no issue here - that U.S./EU coverage of Russian troop movement is playing into Russian hands

Kn9mV4r.png

That is a horrifying simple assessment on their part. Russia would likely engage in simultaneous grey zone tactics that would cripple the Ukrainian response. Not to mention a massive advantage in air and artillery vs the Ukraine.

It sounds an awful lot like they don't want the help of Nato.

Republicans have their strategy. Relentlessly attack the democrats as incompetent no matter what the circumstances are when they're in power and circle the wagons defending the GOP when they are in power. Anyone who goes off this plan is branded a heretic.

Its pretty effective.

As a destructive ploy to gasp for and hold power.

Unfortunately, not for getting anything good or needed accomplished.

Kn9mV4r.png

So according to the illustrious WH press secretary, borders are suddenly important again and should be respected?

So according to the illustrious WH press secretary, borders are suddenly important again and should be respected?

I read the quote and was going to respond to it but really didn't realize that this is where you were going with this and now I just feel like I got duped.

Ya know, the way that modern wars are determined, by whichever army has the most troops

yeah, Russia like "meh, check this out: we only need 100k to invade ukraine".

what a dig on NATO

Back