• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A new hip-hop thread for the hip-hop heads

Kory

Reaction score

also there's a Kanye doc on Netflix? (soon?)

What's everybody's favorite records from 2021/22?

I love/d Tyler's CALL ME IF YOU GET LOST, Earl's SICK!, Little Simz's Sometimes I Might Be Introvert, and Rhys Langston's Stalin Bollywood.

What's everybody's favorite records from 2021/22?

I love/d Tyler's CALL ME IF YOU GET LOST, Earl's SICK!, Little Simz's Sometimes I Might Be Introvert, and Rhys Langston's Stalin Bollywood.

Loved Call Me If You Get Lost and Sick!. Also really liked the following from the past year (in no particular order):

The Truth Hurts - Drakeo the Ruler
Disco! - MIKE
The House Is Burning - Isaiah Rashad
4Nem - Chief Keef
Vince Staples - Vince Staples
Whole Lotta Red - Playboi Carti (I know this was released in 2020, but it came out on Christmas so I'm considering it a 2021 album for this)

I'm sure there's at least a few I'm forgetting.

Loved Call Me If You Get Lost and Sick!. Also really liked the following from the past year (in no particular order):

The Truth Hurts - Drakeo the Ruler
Disco! - MIKE
The House Is Burning - Isaiah Rashad
4Nem - Chief Keef
Vince Staples - Vince Staples
Whole Lotta Red - Playboi Carti (I know this was released in 2020, but it came out on Christmas so I'm considering it a 2021 album for this)

I'm sure there's at least a few I'm forgetting.

Ooh, I really love the Rashad and MIKE. Will check out the rest today. Playboi Carti fascinates me. He can't rap to save his life, but that's also not the point. Pi'erre Bourne production really elevates that guy.

Ooh, I really love the Rashad and MIKE. Will check out the rest today. Playboi Carti fascinates me. He can't rap to save his life, but that's also not the point. Pi'erre Bourne production really elevates that guy.

I feel the same way about Playboi Carti. It's more of this curiosity and fascination than anything.

If you haven't listened to much/any Drakeo the Ruler I would recommend reading this Jeff Weiss piece.

https://www.lamag.com/culturefiles/the-assassination-of-drakeo-the-ruler/

Thank You For Using GTL is also a really good listen and probably holds the distinction of being the best album recorded from prison.

Back