• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Five Songs for My Funeral

Biff Tannen

Franchise Quarterback on a Rookie Contract
Staff Member
Reaction score
I might die this week and not have the playlist ready for the funeral service (not planning to die and in no known eminent danger). So, if I die, please delete my browser history, then make sure they play these five songs at my funeral:

Elevation - U2: play this one really loud. Get the organist to join in with the Edge's guitar riff.
Ruff Ryder's Anthem - DMX: Obvious choice for a Real American
American Trilogy - Elvis: Another obvious choice for a Real American
The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Jim Croce: Not really by Croce, just wanted to see if you were paying attention. This song puts things into perspective.
Mountain Jam - The Allman Brothers Band: You need to be at the service long enough for the shrooms to really hit you.

Last edited:
My friend Tom had given instructions for Sir Mix-a-lot's "I like big butts" play during his viewing. It was a welcome laugh at such a tragic time.

Wreck of the Edmund Fitzergald good High Fidelity reference. I would add:

Keep me in your Heart for a While by Warren Zevon
Cowboy in the Jungle by Jimmy Buffett
Wild Flowers by Tom Petty
Turtles all the way down by Sturgill Simpson

Biff including the Canadian Bob Dylan in his funeral jamz elevates him to a top 5 poster.

BREAKING NEWS: Biff moniker on death watch after CT talk and new funeral thread. More at 11.

For my Dad's funeral we did a photo montage with music on in the background at the reception. My dad was such a huge music fan that I felt alot of pressure to do songs that I thought he would like and that fit the mood. I even went through his Spotify playlists. I am sure he would be pissed at some of the choices, but in my defense he never told me the 5 songs he wanted played at his funeral. I am afraid that when I get to Heaven his first words to me will be "Tom F-ing Petty, are you serious!"

I am not having a funeral. Just having my ashes spread down by the river where my wife and I got married by whatever family members are left. I abhor funerals, especially viewings.

Back