• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Polictical Ukraine Thread (NOT the Non-Political Coronavirus Thread)

only russians think that american politicians are capable of playing 4d chess.

I mean I understand we have NATO commitments, but why don't we just let Russia take Ukraine? A large number of Ukrainians identify as Russian, and Germany is dependent on Russia's energy supply.

Why do we have any moral justification to defend Ukraine's borders, I choose no WW3.

I mean I understand we have NATO commitments, but why don't we just let Russia take Ukraine? A large number of Ukrainians identify as Russian, and Germany is dependent on Russia's energy supply.

Why do we have any moral justification to defend Ukraine's borders, I choose no WW3.

Look at Neville Chamberlain over here, buying the Russian propaganda reasons for anschlus....i mean invading Ukraine

No war, but absolutely defense support, buildup, whopping sanctions, etc...the usual stuff. Russia can't afford WW3, but Pooty Poot is flexing his muscles and being a bully and needs a kick to the nuts.

There is no serious support for a war over Ukraine: not in Russia, not in NATO, not in the US, not even by the Ukrainians themselves, who don't think there actually will be a war with Russia. Consequently, a shooting war over Ukraine is most unlikely.

Putin just wants to take steps toward Finlandizing Ukraine, while the Biden administration is weak abroad and distracted by domestic issues. That's why he's ratcheting up the tensions now.

What's the chance that the current Biden administration is thankful we all have someone other than Biden's domestic issues to villainize?

And what's the change the US press will grab onto and amplify any situation that will get them some clicks and views?

There isn't going to be any war in Ukraine. Back to our day jobs which completely ignore Russia's existence.

if he's so weak why does russia keep upping the bluff rhetoric

Because Biden isn't weak. Putin hoped Biden would be weak, but was surprised by the strength of Biden's response.

Of course, right-wing hacks will say whatever Biden does is wrong.

The US is not weak, Biden is. And he has a history of getting foreign policy wrong. That's why Putin is applying the pressure now. He hopes he can get something, especially something for nothing, and he probably will. And Biden won't/can't do anything to stop it. He's not going to do anything Biden can/will stop.

Pretty sure that’s what Russia’s problem is, their influence, economy, etc… is shit including within their own geographical sphere especially in comparison to years past, superpower they are not

It’s hard to be a kleptocracy and a superpower.

I'd be more worried about the Chinese eyeballing our response to Russia/Ukraine than I am our actual response to something that may occur. Especially with regard to Taiwan.

We should just give Ukraine their nukes back. We’ve got plenty to spare. Putin wouldn’t be pulling this shit if they still had them.

Back