• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Polictical Ukraine Thread (NOT the Non-Political Coronavirus Thread)

The officer ranks tend to be better informed and smarter in general, and those guys have seen their ranks dwindle noticeably since this entire thing started. Four general officers KIA is not small potatoes. And if reports are correct that 75% of his fighting force has been utilized for this, there aren't a whole lot left who are "in the dark" so to speak.

I think you're thinking that they think this is a "dark." My pessimism comes from learning that "the truth will set you free" won't apply here, because Russian citizen's "truth" is incongruent with the war stopping. The information war inside of Russia has been that successful.

Yes, there are protests, but it doesn't look like those protests reflect the majority of Russian citizen's views.

I think you're thinking that they think this is a "dark." My pessimism comes from learning that "the truth will set you free" won't apply here, because Russian citizen's "truth" is incongruent with the war stopping. The information war inside of Russia has been that successful.

Yes, there are protests, but it doesn't look like those protests reflect the majority of Russian citizen's views.

Exactly. I imagine “truth” in Russia as similar to the US except with like 90% who believe Fox News. Reality has limited impact on propaganda, even death. Also, I’m not sure if soldier deaths impact generals if they believe the cause is just.

Last edited:
I'll spare the tweets and photos here, but ample evidence of the Russkies killing civilians in a systematic way. Not just a group of soldiers raping and killing here and there, which is bad enough, but every fighting age man lined up and shot in the town of Bucha. And of course the women raped as well. Barbaric shit.

“There are a lot of killers. You think our country’s so innocent?”

“There are a lot of killers. You think our country’s so innocent?”

In the last 50 years, our military has never endorsed the wholesale slaughter of a people. There are incredibly harsh punishments for rape or murder.

In the last 50 years, our military has never endorsed the wholesale slaughter of a people. There are incredibly harsh punishments for rape or murder.

In the military or in US society? Because there are plenty of examples of US soldiers getting away with raping fellow soldiers. I have a tough time believing they’re punished harder for raping people they’re fighting.

I think y’all are missing my non-political point.

In the military or in US society? Because there are plenty of examples of US soldiers getting away with raping fellow soldiers. I have a tough time believing they’re punished harder for raping people they’re fighting.

ha yeah it's a terrible problem in our armed forces

but i assume he means as a weapon of war like many other invading forces have turned a blind eye towards

Back