• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Notre Dame

I'd clearly prefer ND as a member, but in terms of breaking the arrangement, there's 3-4 "non-East Coast, zero-ACC tradition" schools I'd rather kick out, starting with Louisville.

Blue is in good company, then. I would think we want good academic university on east coast in Georgia for the conference.

"Coaches fined for stealing playbooks"
Coach pleads guilty to attempted extortion
Coach indicted following FBI investigation
School investigated for sham and no show classes
Strippers in dorm at party for recruits.

Just a few of the topics I can't find associated with GaTech.

However, GaTech wins Fourth ACC Tournament title since joining conference was headline in March 2021.
GaTech Football Team wins ACC Title in 2009.

So. What am I missing?

"Coaches fined for stealing playbooks"
Coach pleads guilty to attempted extortion
Coach indicted following FBI investigation
School investigated for sham and no show classes
Strippers in dorm at party for recruits.

Just a few of the topics I can't find associated with GaTech.

However, GaTech wins Fourth ACC Tournament title since joining conference was headline in March 2021.
GaTech Football Team wins ACC Title in 2009.

So. What am I missing?

Perhaps an answer to the question.
I was assuming either the question you had in mind was something more meaningful than the abject cheating of founding members UNC and NC State in each winning multiple nattys (5, the last I counted) or the regrettably more mundane accomplishments of pig abuse u with its own traitor alum.
Back to my question, wouldn’t Wake want other good academic universities in the ACC?
L Ville clearly isn’t it, either, but there are others out there besides ND.

Ga Tech has the ugliest girls in the conference and dorkiest guys on the planet.

I hate Notre Dame and their holier than thou attitude. But the networks let them get away with it cause they are still living in the 80’s and 90’s.
Only thing others schools can do is to beat their sorry asses when they play them.

it's going to be embarrassing for notre dame when they never beat clawson again

Ga Tech has the ugliest girls in the conference and dorkiest guys on the planet.

I don't know many g tech people. But I've met many dookies. I can't imagine this is accurate. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt I guess. Unless someone banged an old girlfriend??

ACC paid out $32.3M last year. That means $26.5M is from football. It's 5x more valuable than every other ACC sport combined which is pretty crazy. Although basketball would be a lot more lucrative if the conferences owned the NCAA Tournament like they own the CFB postseason. I think only 20% of the $1B yearly NCAAT TV money gets paid out to schools. The other 80% funds the entire NCAA.

It's a little better split than that, per the Washington Post (article is a little old, but I doubt the percentages have changed that much):

The men's basketball tournament basically funds the NCAA's existence. Between television revenue and ticket sales, the tournament annually produces more than $700 million. The NCAA keeps about 40 percent and distributes the remaining 60 percent to schools; the basketball fund is the largest piece of that distribution.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/grap... basically,largest piece of that distribution.

Back