• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MLB HOF Announcement

how do you know barry bonds cheated? he never tested positive, never was suspended

it's so so so so so stupid to leave barry bonds out

Bonds did test positive. The issue is certainly that his positive test is basically equivalent to Ortiz's so, yes, the hypocritical nature of voters here is certainly an issue.

Had Bonds never taken steroids, his career would have merited entry.

Had Bonds never taken steroids, his career would have merited entry.

Yeah, there is plenty of evidence that Bonds took steroids, but people act like he and Clemens and others took more steroids than everyone else and were the cause of the steroid problem in the game, instead of taking the same steroids as everyone else and being a better player to begin with. PEDs should only disqualify more borderline cases.

I hereby BOYCOTT the Baseball Hall of Fame ! I will OFFICIALLY never visit Cooperstown , NY.

All of this is true. Relationship with the media goes a long way. That’s probably why ARod has done all he can to get in with them.
I’ll also say that Tim Hudson off the ballot after one year is a bit crappy.

Tim Hudson?? Really?? Braves HOF is about as far as he's getting.
I have to admit I still haven't decided how I feel about all this as I hold the baseball HOF on the highest of levels above any other professional sport.
But I can say I think its absurd that Big Papi, with a confirmed PED test, gets in and these other greats like Clemmons, Bond and Arod.
Either put em all in or keep them all out. But since we will never know who did and who didn't, Im leaning toward putting them all in.

I hereby BOYCOTT the Baseball Hall of Fame ! I will OFFICIALLY never visit Cooperstown , NY.

That's a shame. I say, F the Writers.
As someone who has been there a dozen times it is truly a special experience.

what's the more cherished OWG thing, the Baseball HOF or Sunday at the Masters?

Great point. Not only was Papi unable to play a position at a competent MLB level; he was a turtle on the bases.Bonds was the best player of my lifetime. Ahead of Papi in every facet of the game. Impossible to reconcile admitting Jeff Bagwell, Mike Piazza, and Papi, but denying Clemens and Bonds on roids

Agreed about Fat Bastard, there is no reason he should be in. He basically played 1/3 of the game as a non-pitcher. He just rolled in as the token face of Boston finally winning something.

what's the more cherished OWG thing, the Baseball HOF or Sunday at the Masters?

Tough call. Im not crazy about Sunday at the Masters. Any other day, absolutely, but not Sunday.
As close as it gets, but if I had to pick just one, if you are a great fan of BB, the HOF.

I've done Sunday every major except The Open and it's pretty great, as long as it's close at all.

I've done Sunday every major except The Open and it's pretty great, as long as it's close at all.

Give me Thursday or Friday in-person with the full field, and my couch and fridge for Saturday and Sunday so I can see all the players and shots that matter.

hah hah, 2 &2 is really butthurt. Ortiz is a "token face" of Boston finally winning something.....LOLOLOLOLO. What a ridiculous post.

Give me Thursday or Friday in-person with the full field, and my couch and fridge for Saturday and Sunday so I can see all the players and shots that matter.

That's great too, but I'll never forget being on #18 at Pinehurst in 1999 when Payne Stewart won the US Open or on #18 at the Ocean Course last year when Mickelson won the PGA Championship.

Back