• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MLB HOF Announcement

deacdixieboy

Reaction score
Moment of truth for Bonds, Clemens, and Schilling.

Hoping to see Andruw over 50% putting him on track to get in.

Big Papi and that’s all. Now let Clemens, Bonds, and Schilling rot in hell as we all forget them.

Big Papi and that’s all. Now let Clemens, Bonds, and Schilling rot in hell as we all forget them.

Big Papi tested positive for steroids (granted the test results were supposed to be anonymous, but they were leaked). Bonds and Clemens never tested positive for steroids. Big Papi is loved by essentially all. Bonds and Clemens are hated by essentially almost all. All that said, Bonds and Clemens were better baseball players that Big Papi.

Big Papi tested positive for steroids (granted the test results were supposed to be anonymous, but they were leaked). Bonds and Clemens never tested positive for steroids. Big Papi is loved by essentially all. Bonds and Clemens are hated by essentially almost all. All that said, Bonds and Clemens were better baseball players that Big Papi.

All of this is true. Relationship with the media goes a long way. That’s probably why ARod has done all he can to get in with them.
I’ll also say that Tim Hudson off the ballot after one year is a bit crappy.

So ridiculous. A few great players are punished for a league wide problem that HOF commish Bud Selig oversaw. Some HOF managers looked the other way as well.

I’m fine with them being out. Cheating is cheating. Pete Rose and Shoeless Joe being out continue to be a much worse situation IMO. When they get in then we can start talking about the PED folks.

I think that 100 years from now, the public will not understand why Bonds and Clemens were left out of the HOF.

It’s been over 100 years since the Shoeless Joe incident and we’re still talking about it so I’m not so sure.

People talk about Shoeless Joe because it’s not crystal clear if he did illegally took money to throw a game. Everyone agrees that’s wrong but we don’t quite know for sure if Joe did it. Joe was actually acquitted by a jury. The PED era is a lot more nuanced than “did they take money to throw a game.”

This is so dumb. Baseball HOF is a complete joke. Every voter should be ashamed.

Lost in the PED talk: Edgar Martinez took until his last attempt to get in because people dinged him for being a DH. Three years later, Ortiz, primarily a DH, gets in on his first try. They have similar career OPSs. Not saying the voters should have punished Ortiz for their previous reluctance on Edgar, but it's still a crazy shift.

Lost in the PED talk: Edgar Martinez took until his last attempt to get in because people dinged him for being a DH. Three years later, Ortiz, primarily a DH, gets in on his first try. They have similar career OPSs. Not saying the voters should have punished Ortiz for their previous reluctance on Edgar, but it's still a crazy shift.

Great point. Not only was Papi unable to play a position at a competent MLB level; he was a turtle on the bases.Bonds was the best player of my lifetime. Ahead of Papi in every facet of the game. Impossible to reconcile admitting Jeff Bagwell, Mike Piazza, and Papi, but denying Clemens and Bonds on roids

I'm just stoked because I found out a few weeks ago that Harold Baines got in in like 2019.

Ortiz making the it to Cooperstown when Bonds, Clemens, Sosa, ARod are out is ridiculous.

There are a number of outstanding players that will be denied a place in the HOF because of PED. They bear the cost of all PED usage and the willingness of management, ownership and the MLB hierarchy to allow it. It's all about image manufactured by the media, the folks that do the voting. Fair has no place in this conversation. If every alcoholic, drug user and the socially maladjusted were eliminated, the HOF population would be greatly reduced.

I’m fine with them being out. Cheating is cheating. Pete Rose and Shoeless Joe being out continue to be a much worse situation IMO. When they get in then we can start talking about the PED folks.

how do you know barry bonds cheated? he never tested positive, never was suspended

it's so so so so so stupid to leave barry bonds out

Back