• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 22: WF Heads North To the Dome: Saturday 8 pm ACCN

hahahahahhahahahahahahaha

I've seen enough tonight. Y'all feel free to rag on me if we lose within 10. I've got FIFA to play.

Glad I'm still not emotionally invested in Wake hoops because I am just mildly annoyed but not even upset by this horrific performance. Just absolute shit.

Is your "protest" scheduled for the Pitt, Miami, or ND game??

attachment.php

Inexcusable that with almost a week to prepare for the orange zone, we got woodshedded in the 2nd half. :mad:

Surprised that our two best players were effectively shut down by what is not their best zone defense this season by a wide margin.

Overall we did not shoot bad. They just lit it up in the second half with the crowd going crazy. We also had 17 turnovers to their 5. LaRavia played 33 minutes and took 7 shots and had 2 rebounds. Everytime he got the ball they swarmed on him which obviously was effective. Williams just never got it going and had 6 turnovers. Williamson made up for alot of the lack of scoring from our big two. Turnovers and them shooting lights out second half were the two big keys I thought. Tough place to play. Think we get it back on Wednesday and have decisive win.

feel like we need 13-7, 23-8 to feel pretty good - this would get us in contention for a double bye

To do that, we need 2 of the next 3:
Pitt
at FSU
at NCSU

then 1 of 2:
Miami
at Duke

then 3 of 4:
Notre Dame
at Clemson
Louisville
NC State

said more simply, we need to win out at home(5-0) and steal a road win. Or plan on stealing an extra road win for every game we drop at home.

Our two best hopes for stealing a road win are in the next 10 days.

feel like we need 13-7, 23-8 to feel pretty good - this would get us in contention for a double bye

To do that, we need 2 of the next 3:
Pitt
at FSU
at NCSU

then 1 of 2:
Miami
at Duke

then 3 of 4:
Notre Dame
at Clemson
Louisville
NC State

said more simply, we need to win out at home(5-0) and steal a road win. Or plan on stealing an extra road win for every game we drop at home.

Our two best hopes for stealing a road win are in the next 10 days.

Good post and I agree. The FSU and Miami games are huge for obvious reasons and we can't lay an egg @ NCSU or @ Clemson. Regardless of the double bye, I feel like we will have to completely unravel down the stretch to miss the NCAAT (which frankly is what I care about the most).

And I was damn wrong about @ Syracuse. Thought we were going to roll and we got schwacked. Feel like it can happen any night in the ACC, especially this year.

I think we get to 13-7.

I am confident that we get 5 more wins: State x2, Pitt, Clemson, and Louisville.
Then I think we pick up one of Miami/ND.

Zay Mucius chucked 22 three pointers total in both games against Cuse. 22.

And we turned the ball over an average of 15 times in each game.

I'm just happy we split the season series and have zero desire to see the Orange in the ACC Tourney.

Zay Mucius chucked 22 three pointers total in both games against Cuse. 22.

And we turned the ball over an average of 15 times in each game.

I'm just happy we split the season series and have zero desire to see the Orange in the ACC Tourney.

I agree. We didn't play well either game.

Back