• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 22: WF Heads North To the Dome: Saturday 8 pm ACCN

Syracuse covered +4.5 on the road at Wake Forest in overtime, but the Orange were pretty unfortunate to not win that game. A few Syracuse missed free throws in high leverage situations and a costly turnover inbounding the ball in the final seconds led to Wake forcing overtime.

WF led for large stretches of the first half, but the Demon Deacons had just an 8.8% to win the game with 11 seconds to play and the Orange led by as many as eight in the second half until a late comeback.

The Deacs just don’t match up that well against zones. The offense is elite against man defenses, in post-up situations and driving to the rim, but Wake doesn’t shoot well at all.

The Deacs are considerably below average against zone defenses thus far this season, and while the Orange’s defense can’t guard anyone this year, they still force teams to shoot from the perimeter to beat them.

This is a great buy-low spot on Syracuse, which also won’t turn the ball over frequently and let Wake get out in transition all that much.

As bad as things have looked for the Orange, who are shorthanded here, bank on some positive shooting regression and a victory as a home underdog on Saturday night.

that seems to be a good summary of sharp thinking, and why they are no longer home dogs

That reads as “One Simple Trick to Defeat Wake Forest.”

also syracuse getting only 49% of the ATS bets but 65% of the money

Fails to mention that we were without our two best three point shooters in the first game. An important point, I would think.

Trying to think of other zone defenses we have played this year.

GT plays a fair amount of zone. We handled that pretty well.

pilch posted the stat already on this thread, our offense is elite this season against man, 91st percentile in efficiency. against zone this season 40th percentile, albeit #samplesize

also, monsanto is shooting 31.6% from three this year. i know we all love him so far, but i don't think sharps are factoring that into our 223rd ranked 3pt shooting. williamson for sure should help and will be important this game.

pilch posted the stat already on this thread, our offense is elite this season against man, 91st percentile in efficiency. against zone this season 40th percentile, albeit #samplesize

also, monsanto is shooting 31.6% from three this year. i know we all love him so far, but i don't think sharps are factoring that into our 223rd ranked 3pt shooting. williamson for sure should help and will be important this game.

Yes I remember that post. I’m just trying to remember what other zones we have played other than Cuse without Williamson

Yes I remember that post. I’m just trying to remember what other zones we have played other than Cuse without Williamson

GT ran quite a bit of zone and it took us awhile to figure out. UNC ran 1 possession of zone and Williamson immediately hit a corner 3. Not sure if UNC went back to it again.

Hope I’m right, but feel Wake has ramped it up a notch recently and the 220nd rated defense shouldn’t be able to stop this train.

I feel like it's going to be a frustrating game to watch. Fuck Cuse and their fans.

Gonna be real frustrating if the Spectrum tech doesn’t get my upper tier channels available very soon. 2nd DVR from them in 2 months. Lost 6 months of shows when replacing the last one. :internets::internets::internets:

I know Monsanto’s percentages haven’t been upper tier from three, but I think he’s going to explode tonight for something like eight or 10 threes.

I know Monsanto’s percentages haven’t been upper tier from three, but I think he’s going to explode tonight for something like eight or 10 threes.

In the first half? Yeah, I agree.

Back