• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fred Robbins loses home in fire, Go Fund Me Created

Does he not have homeowners insurance?[/QUOTE

Not sure how long it takes an insurance co. to process a claim like a destroyed house and all the other ancillary costs (lodging in ST, replace key needs, etc.), but hopefully not too long. Sounds like a fund to help with ST expenses, but agree would hope insurance would cover most everything and $100k sounds like a lot???

The insurance will cut him a check for essentials a lot quicker than the go fund me. In the end if this goal is met, he will have a brand new home with all new belongings plus apparently a $100k profit.
Of course it would suck to go through the process, but his family will be fine in the end.

Yeah this is a really weird go fund me. I'm assuming he still has a decent pot of money from his playing days, of course.

GoFundMe has clearly helped thousands of people, but I’ve noticed it’s become the default public mechanism for taking care of people for something like funeral expenses. Surely adults with children are responsible enough to buy all the basic types of insurance coverage that are out there.

/EndOfDadRant

This actually makes me mad. Of course I feel awful that they lost their house, but people that have the means to donate this kind of money could be donating it to folks who actually need it.

His homeowner policy will pay for his family to stay in rental housing or a hotel until his home is rebuilt. He should be able to immediately take advantage of that policy perk.

Yeah. This is weird. Obviously a ton of athletes go broke for a variety of complicated reasons, but I don’t get that impression from him. All that said, he’s still a big supporter of the Deacs, posts about the team all the time and I’m so sorry to hear about his home.

I'd hope this isn't endorsed by Fred and that he donates the the money raised. I would be embarrassed if I were him. A public gofundme for a multi-millionaire is just wrong. After a 12 year NFL career you should have enough scratch to get yourself through a few days before insurance comes through. Im not an unsympathetic asshole on this either. I had my house burn down about 15 years ago.

His wife's family comes off tone deaf, and it feels like they are trying to grift off of big Fred here.

His wife's family comes off tone deaf, and it feels like they are trying to grift off of big Fred here.

And he's stuck in the middle - not interested in telling her to wise up lest he end up on the couch.

They should go to Cancun with the money and get a room with a couch.

Insurance is a business. They pay as little as they can get away with and as slow as possible.

Big Fred is all class. A great ambassador for Wake Forest and the Giants. Loves the Deacs. Still does charity work. We should support him financially and otherwise.

Insurance is a business. They pay as little as they can get away with and as slow as possible.

Big Fred is all class. A great ambassador for Wake Forest and the Giants. Loves the Deacs. Still does charity work. We should support him financially and otherwise.

This is dumb.

Back