• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good Luck Will Zalatoris

Don't get why Will didn't mark that ball. Had his caddie nudged it with that rake its a penalty.

I'd have to see a replay. But I don't think that was his caddie. It was List's. And they made a huge deal he was entitled to the lie he had when his ball came to rest. So

It looked like Will got to groom the sand around the ball with his hands before he shot. And he hit a great shot, just not as great as List’s.

Will basically needs to fire whoever is coaching him on putting. He can’t even pull the putter back straight.

This. He needs to work with Brad Faxon. Will is one of the top 2 or 3 ball strikers on the tour but puts worse than Rory. This was a ball striker’s course and his bad putting didn’t hurt him like it does at most tour courses. What’s amazing is that he finished second at the Masters with that stroke.

Y’all watching this instead of basketball?

Yes, Torrey with Zalatoris in the lead is way more interesting than mediocre VT/FSU and UVA/ND. I turned to the hoops during commercials. Even worse was our 2nd half.

Tee to green, Will is as good as anyone in the game. And he didn't putt that badly last night. But watching him putt reminds me of what it was like to watch Dufner putt about a decade ago. That said, given how well he hits it, Will is going to make some serious $$ this year. It's also another good experience being in the last group on a crowded leaderboard and playing solid golf the whole round. It's also nice to see Day back in contention with all his health issues and nice for List to get his 1st win.

Yes, Torrey with Zalatoris in the lead is way more interesting than mediocre VT/FSU and UVA/ND. I turned to the hoops during commercials. Even worse was our 2nd half.

Tee to green, Will is as good as anyone in the game. And he didn't putt that badly last night. But watching him putt reminds me of what it was like to watch Dufner putt about a decade ago. That said, given how well he hits it, Will is going to make some serious $$ this year. It's also another good experience being in the last group on a crowded leaderboard and playing solid golf the whole round. It's also nice to see Day back in contention with all his health issues and nice for List to get his 1st win.

Well said on all accounts

my boy sucks at putting nothing more to say.

additional comment: why did the tourney end on sat?

Yeah, in the past the conference championship games were a week earlier, and CBS's golf coverage hadn't started yet, so it wasn't an issue. I kind of liked the Friday and Saturday night network coverage this week.

I posted my comment during the Wake game before we were getting destroyed.

It's not Zalatoris related, but I was watching the end of the Saudi tournament while eating breakfast. Harold Varner birdied 17 and then sank a 90-100' putt to eagle 18 to beat Bubba by 1. Really exciting ending and kudos to Bubba for jogging back to the 18th green to congratulate Varner. The odd thing about this tourney is it's an official Asian Tour event, but it had the best field for the weekend over the DP and PGA tours. ##Saudi$$appearancefees

This is awesome.

HV3 is one of the nicest people in golf. Good for him.

The vid doesn't show it, but moments later Bubba Watson (was in 2nd waiting for a playoff) ran out onto the green to congratulate him. This is a very popular win among the other players.

That’s awesome! Good for HN3. Not a big fan of these silly seasonesq Saudi tournaments, but you can’t blame the players for the cash grab.

Cam Young with a very strong week. And a nice paycheck. Huge congratulations to him!!

Cam Young with a very strong week. And a nice paycheck. Huge congratulations to him!!

Yeah, he held up well all 4 days. And I was happy to see Niemann get his 2nd W. And those 2 chip ins by Morikawa were impressive. And I love watching that course for 4 days - so many good shorter par 4s that are still tough, and I love the 2 par 3s on the front. Amazing how far under par those guys were on a tough layout. Not sure why, but I'm betting the shortish rough.

Back