• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"The Tournament: A History of ACC Men’s Basketball" Premieres Feb. 7 on ACC Network

What a badass.

The best part of this is the faces on the Carolina bench.

Was extremely lucky to attend all 3 games that weekend in '95 in primo seats in the lower bowl.

One of my favorite parts of the "crossover" was that douchebag Charlie McNairy's reaction from the UNC bench. Fuck that guy.

Glad they spent some time on the '94 tourney meltdown against UNC as we could easily be talking about back-to-back-to-back titles from '94 - '96.

Damn, my bad Angus. Beat me to it.

I’m a little late to the party as I just finished the first two episodes, but man I sure wish I could watch this with my dad. He passed a few years ago but he was an undergrad during the Bones McKinney / Len chapel/ billy packer days and was a huge WFU guy his entire life. He talked a lot about some of the players the first episodes focused on so I feel like I’m having a nice conversation about acc hoops with my dad. Btw, I was sitting right next to my Dad in Greensboro in 1995 when Randolph gave us both a moment to never forget!

I went to every game of 95 & 96 except the herb sendek in 95.

Tbe 95 semis was a great day of hoops. Wake/va and unc/md all final 4 caliber

Last edited:
I’m a little late to the party as I just finished the first two episodes, but man I sure wish I could watch this with my dad. He passed a few years ago but he was an undergrad during the Bones McKinney / Len chapel/ billy packer days and was a huge WFU guy his entire life. He talked a lot about some of the players the first episodes focused on so I feel like I’m having a nice conversation about acc hoops with my dad. Btw, I was sitting right next to my Dad in Greensboro in 1995 when Randolph gave us both a moment to never forget!

Thought the same thing about my Dad. He grew up in Smithfield, and used to tell me stories about the old Dixie Classic Tournament. He also went to Press Maravich’s Basketball Camp as a kid, and always remembered how Press would have Pete demonstrate stuff, even as a little kid.

Dad was at Davidson during the Lefty years, and one of his roommates played there, so I got Lefty stories all the time growing up. One of my favorite memories with him will always be the two days at the RBC Center in Raleigh in 2008 when Davidson beat Gonzaga and Georgetown back to back to make the Sweet 16.

Just getting caught up on this now - you can watch all of the episodes on Hulu - it's pretty great. Man I miss the old days of the Tournament...

Just getting caught up on this now - you can watch all of the episodes on Hulu - it's pretty great. Man I miss the old days of the Tournament...

Selfishly can you tell us the Wake ACC championship run episodes?

Back