• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 23: Deacs Host Pitt - Wednesday 7pm ESPN2

Would we rather be the 4 seed with Duke in game 2 or the 6 seed to keep us on the other side of the bracket? Feel like we're essentially a coin-flip or better against every ACC team on a neutral floor except Duke. Horrible year to be the 5 seed.

Would we rather be the 4 seed with Duke in game 2 or the 6 seed to keep us on the other side of the bracket? Feel like we're essentially a coin-flip or better against every ACC team on a neutral floor except Duke. Horrible year to be the 5 seed.

We would want to be the lowest seed possible. WTF

I drove up for the game and the crowd was honestly better than I expected it to be, risk of horrible cancer/fiery explosion factored in.

We were in front of a couple of very nice 90s deacs, one of whom made me laugh asking if Alondes would rather have the win or a triple double once he started firing off terribad crosscourt passes every possession at 14/9/9

Wow. And people wonder why butts are not fully back in seats in the Joel yet. It’s hard to overstate how irrelevant Wake basketball was under Bzzz and Manning.

We could have bounced back through one of those tenures. 2 in a row was a complete back breaker. Thankfully, Forbes righted the ship real quick. Even if he were to leave, I have 100% confidence in Currie to make a better hire than RW. He was 8-10 years past expiration date and its a sham that he was allowed to go on as long as he did.

Yeah, win every game possible. Seeding matters not.

Would be nice to avoid Duke (& Syracuse, for that matter) for as long as possible, but at the end of the day you just have to win games if you want to be considered a good team.

After last night's games, these are KP's projected final standings with remaining opponents for top 5:

1. Duke 16-4 (UNC, @UNC, UVA, @UVA, @CLEM, @BC, WF, FSU, @ Cuse, @ Pitt)
2. Notre Dame 14-6 (@State, L'ville, @CLEM, BC, @WF, Cuse, GT, @FSU, Pitt)
3. Miami 13-7 (@UVA, UVA, GT, @WF, @L'ville, @Pitt, VT, @BC, @ Cuse)
UNC 13-7 (Duke, @Duke, @CLEM, FSU, Pitt, @VT, L'ville, @NC State, Cuse)
WF 13-7 (@FSU, @NC State, NC State, Miami, @Duke, ND, @CLEM, L'ville)
6. UVA 10-10
FSU 10-10
Cuse 10-10
Clemson 10-10
VT 10
11. L'ville 7-13
BC 7-13
13. NC State 6-14
14. Pitt 5-15
GT 5-15

The home games against ND and Miami are huge for ACC tourney seeding. ND is the only contender that has games left against all three of the lowest rated teams in the conference: Pitt, BC and GT. Would be big if WF can sweep NC State hasn't happened in forever.

Your opponent list shows Miami also playing those bottom three teams too, right?

I can't believe Notre Dame went down to Miami and won last night after that dreadful performance Monday at home....

Your opponent list shows Miami also playing those bottom three teams too, right?

I can't believe Notre Dame went down to Miami and won last night after that dreadful performance Monday at home....

Correct, but ND also plays NC State, who appears to the next worst team after BC, GT and Pitt -- ND's remaining schedule is the easiest.

What was most surprising to me about the Miami/ND game was that it looked like both teams had a very mediocre shooting night and struggled to put up points.

I would have expected a final score in the 80s.

If we play defense, we should beat both of them at home.

Keep scratching and clawing for a top seed in the tournament.

If Duke is the 1 seed, Wake would be in the best position as a 2 or 3. ACC would love a tobacco road rival as Duke's opponent in the final ACC Tournament game for K. Wake is the best of the other three.

The ACC would love a Duke-UNC ACC Championship Game. Beyond that, I don't think they care who Duke plays. That would be the only reason to want to avoid a #4 seed because Duke is getting to the final no matter what.

The ACC Tourney is in Brooklyn this year. The only reason the ACC plays in Brooklyn is to appease Syracuse (and to much lesser extent BC and Pitt). Sure a Duke/UNC final is fine, but all things being equal, think the ACC would love a Duke/Cuse final with the two aging coaches battling for one last time.

Duke fans in NY and NJ will be all over the Barclays Center when Duke is playing. Dreadful.

I drove up for the game and the crowd was honestly better than I expected it to be, risk of horrible cancer/fiery explosion factored in.

We were in front of a couple of very nice 90s deacs, one of whom made me laugh asking if Alondes would rather have the win or a triple double once he started firing off terribad crosscourt passes every possession at 14/9/9

Yes, I had forgotten risk of horrible cancer.

Good point.

Why not both?

Good lord ND schedule.

We are better than every team but Duke, and Cuse got us with their style, home court and BBs great game. Don’t want to see that zone again. I don’t know what the hell coach was talking about with our offense dribbling back out. Attack the damn thing. We are falling in love with the 3. It last night our guys were wide open all night. Maybe one of Daviens was contested but that was it. MAMN needs to get out early and work on his shot.

I think this team is headed to a showdown in Brooklyn with Duke, and then headed to the sweet 16. Cuse zone, FSU press and uVA d all are a pain. Anyone else has to be on fire to beat us.

The only reason the ACC plays in Brooklyn is to appease Syracuse (and to much lesser extent BC and Pitt)

Honestly, NYC is still really far from Pittsburgh. Esp. if you hit traffic.

ACC plays in Brooklyn because it's a larger market, #prestige, and because people who spend a lot of money on tickets (courtside/box seat) are more likely to travel there than G-boro, imo.

Honestly, NYC is still really far from Pittsburgh. Esp. if you hit traffic.

ACC plays in Brooklyn because it's a larger market, #prestige, and because people who spend a lot of money on tickets (courtside/box seat) are more likely to travel there than G-boro, imo.

Also assuming a trip to NYC is more fun for the players than G'boro, though I love the history that was built there. Expansion killed it.

ND: avoided double matchups with Duke, UNC, Miami, Wake Forest, Virginia, FSU and Syracuse.

Probably the easiest conf schedule ever.

ND: avoided double matchups with Duke, UNC, Miami, Wake Forest, Virginia, FSU and Syracuse.

Probably the easiest conf schedule ever.

Yup, that is wild. We get our shot, at least.

They did beat Kentucky, which is a massive dub for them. And the faced Indiana ooc. So that will help them in postseason resume...

I feel pretty great about our chances @NC State. We will have a huge advantage in size/strength. Seabron and Smith are very good, and they can get hot from 3 just like every other team. But Jake and Walton should feast, and they have no one who can guard ManMan. I'll be in attendance for that one.

Dowuona being out for an extended period of time (missed Cuse game) would be nice. He's a big body and decent rim protector. Without him, they have no one.

Back