• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 23: Deacs Host Pitt - Wednesday 7pm ESPN2

I see the address of the fire is N. Cherry Street. Is this fire in between downtown and the campus? Can one drive from downtown to the campus on Cherry/Marshall or is it all blocked off? Need to know as staying in downtown hotel tonight for the game.

Fire is north east of campus out University right on N Silas Creek towards Indiana Cherry St triangle, upper right of Northpoint area. You should have no issues from downtown.

I’m about a mile from Graylyn and the haze is noticeably worse this am

Because Hildreth has a ton of potential, will likely be critical to this team next year, and Pitt should offer both ACC experience and a definite win regardless of whether we give our 7-9 players extra run or not.

Announcement that the game is officially happening.

https://godeacs.com/news/2022/2/2/m...l-set-for-primetime-contest-on-wednesday.aspx

Based on updated safety information from emergency responders and city officials and after in-depth discussions among the University's leadership, the Reynolda campus, Wake Downtown and Brookstown will resume in-person classes on Thursday, Feb. 3. With that, the Demon Deacons' men's basketball game against the Pitt Panthers will be played as scheduled Wednesday night at 7 p.m. inside LJVM Coliseum.

Complimentary tickets for Wednesday's game will be provided to families and individuals who have relocated to the evacuation center at the Winston-Salem Fairgrounds. These tickets will be distributed on site at the fairgrounds on Wednesday evening.

Because Hildreth has a ton of potential, will likely be critical to this team next year, and Pitt should offer both ACC experience and a definite win regardless of whether we give our 7-9 players extra run or not.

Can't agree with the "definite win" take. Don't think we are the point where any conference game is a "definite win". Think Forbes is more worried about where this year's team is going than next year's team. If the Deacs jump out to an early comfortable lead, sure, Cam might get some first half minutes, but really doubt that's going to have any impact on how the 2022-23 Deacs play or growing Hildreth's potential. This is a game that WF has to win as a loss would undo so much of the good that this team has already accomplished.

After tonight, WF plays at FSU (revenge game for the Noles), at NCSU, WF is 1-15 at State since the nut punch game, and then plays three in a row against the top 3 teams in the conference: Miami, at Duke, ND. Deacs need to put Pitt away for those games to have the expected importance.

Was hoping this would get bumped to GSO for a UNCG and Wake double header.

Plenty of tix online I see, but they are $25 +. Still $10 walk up tickets? I'm cheap. :noidea:

How many people are evacuated right now? Could we have a pretty full house tonight?

We have 2 extras for tonite if anyone wants them. Just text me your email and I can sent you the PDFs. 336-817-5985.

Good reasons, and I agree if Wake gets out to a comfortable lead or if foul trouble dictates.

I see the address of the fire is N. Cherry Street. Is this fire in between downtown and the campus? Can one drive from downtown to the campus on Cherry/Marshall or is it all blocked off? Need to know as staying in downtown hotel tonight for the game.

Just use Waze or Google Maps...they will route you around any closed streets.

Back