• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Football Schedule Reveal now on ACCN (Clawson on at 8:00)

Surprised all of the State bandwagon jumping. they should have lost to UNC at home and ended up playing a couple of games against backup QBs

It's pretty straightforward. It's not cool to pick Clemson. They don't want to pick Wake. State is what's left among top ACC teams that return their QB and some other top players.

Last edited:
Unless you have teams 2nd-6th all tied with the same record, the 2nd place team can't go to the Dukes Mayo Bowl, the Cheez-It Bowl gets their pick of teams after the CFP/NY6 games, and then the Sun/Holiday/Gator tier picks before the Dukes Mayo Bowl, I believe.

Far as I know the Cheez-It bowl is just another tier 1 bowl and doesn’t have any special preference, but there are so many crazy bowl tie in stipulations that it’s basically impossible to guess this early. I didn’t even include Notre Dame in the mix or the Camping World Bowl, and I don’t know f the ACC still has a tie-in with the Sun Bowl for 2022

Far as I know the Cheez-It bowl is just another tier 1 bowl and doesn’t have any special preference, but there are so many crazy bowl tie in stipulations that it’s basically impossible to guess this early. I didn’t even include Notre Dame in the mix or the Camping World Bowl, and I don’t know f the ACC still has a tie-in with the Sun Bowl for 2022

You're right, Cheez-It is on the same level as Gator and Holiday now, not a tier by itself. Dukes Mayo is below those three (along with the Sun and Pinstripe in tier 2). Didn't realize the Orlando bowl had dropped a tier starting in 2021.

https://www.wralsportsfan.com/giglio-projecting-the-revamped-acc-bowl-lineup/20001530/

As far as how long the current contracts run, I think they are all through 2025, according to this excerpt from the Gasparilla Bowl website:

The ACC has reached agreements through 2025 with the Belk Bowl, Camping World Bowl (now the Cheez-It Bowl), Hyundai Sun Bowl, Military Bowl presented by Northrop Grumman, New Era Pinstripe Bowl, San Diego Credit Union Holiday Bowl, TaxSlayer Gator Bowl and the new game in Boston, which will be named later this fall. The league will also send a team to either the Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl, Birmingham Bowl or SERVPRO First Responder Bowl on an annual basis.

You're right, Cheez-It is on the same level as Gator and Holiday now, not a tier by itself. Dukes Mayo is below those three (along with the Sun and Pinstripe in tier 2). Didn't realize the Orlando bowl had dropped a tier starting in 2021.

https://www.wralsportsfan.com/giglio-projecting-the-revamped-acc-bowl-lineup/20001530/

As far as how long the current contracts run, I think they are all through 2025, according to this excerpt from the Gasparilla Bowl website:

The ACC has reached agreements through 2025 with the Belk Bowl, Camping World Bowl (now the Cheez-It Bowl), Hyundai Sun Bowl, Military Bowl presented by Northrop Grumman, New Era Pinstripe Bowl, San Diego Credit Union Holiday Bowl, TaxSlayer Gator Bowl and the new game in Boston, which will be named later this fall. The league will also send a team to either the Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl, Birmingham Bowl or SERVPRO First Responder Bowl on an annual basis.

I wonder if that Fenway Bowl will ever be played.

I guess there should be WF 2022 football season thread, but in lieu of that:

WF plays Liberty on September 17. The Flames QB is likely to be Charlie Brewer. Brewer was a three and a half year starter at Baylor (played under Matt Ruhle), including the 11-3 2019 Baylor team that lost to OU in OT in the Big 12 title game, and then played UGA in the Sugar Bowl. After a disappointing 2020 season, Brewer transferred to Utah, where he started the first 3 games, and struggled (losses to BYU and SDSU). Utah benched Brewer and he entered the transfer portal only to end up at Liberty. So, in 2022 for the Flames, Brewer will be playing his 6th season of college football, and for his 3rd college over the last 3 years.

There is a next year's football team thread.

Back